1/26

Jaemin sat at the same circular table as always, waiting for someone to bring his coffee order to him. He had his chin rested in his palm, supporting his head as he peeked out the window at the people walking outside. Today he was wearing a pastel blue long sleeve shirt that had the front tucked into black fitted pants. There was a simple small chain necklace that hung neatly across his chest, and he had a long earring dangling from his right ear.

He had the feeling that someone was staring at him, so he turned his head around to see if someone was there. A smile crept onto his face when he saw Jeno standing next to him, holding a tray with his cup of coffee. When Jeno realized that Jaemin was looking back at him, he snapped out of his thoughts and frantically tried to make it seem like he wasn't staring at the other. His hands shook a little, and the coffee would've spilled in the tray if Jaemin hadn't noticed and placed his hands over Jeno's to steady his hold.

"Careful, Jeno. We don't want a repeat of yesterday, yeah?" Jaemin smiled and let go, letting the other regain his steadiness. Jeno nodded, laughing nervously as he put Jaemin's coffee down in front of him. The tray stayed in his grip as he let his left hand fall to his side. He wiped his other hand on his apron. They kept a silence as Jaemin slowly sipped on his coffee, carefully blowing on it. He gently set it down on the table again and looked up at Jeno, "Can I get a pastry?"

Jeno nodded, "Sure, what kind?"

Jaemin looked up at the ceiling in thought, tapping his chin while he playfully pondered what he wanted to eat. "Something sweet," he answered, looking back at Jeno who was smiling, "And fruity."

That earned him a nod from Jeno, "Alrighty. I will be right back." Jaemin wiggled his fingers to wave Jeno off. He sipped on his coffee as the handsome man walked behind the counter and to the sweets that were displayed behind the glass. He watched as Jeno looked at all of the options before settling on something, taking out a small white plate and placing the pastry on it. Jaemin looked away when Jeno started walking back to him, not wanting to get caught staring at older.

"Here's your order of a sweet and fruity pastry," Jeno smiled widely, setting the dessert and a small fork in front of Jaemin.

"What is it?" Jaemin questioned, using the fork to cut a small piece off.

"It's called Alexandertorte. Sweet, and filled with berries," Jeno watched as the other brought a piece up to his mouth, his whole face lighting up when the taste hit him. Jaemin immediately took another bite of the pastry, his smile melting with the sweetness of it.

"This is so good!" Jaemin exclaimed, earning a nod from Jeno. He noticed that the other was still standing, and he wanted to continue talking to him so he asked, "Do you want to take a seat with me?"

Jeno was surprised by the offer, thinking about it for a moment before taking a chair from a nearby table, "You don't mind?"

Jaemin shook his head, continuing to eat his pastry, "Not at all." With that, Jeno pulled the chair up to the table and sat down across from Jaemin.

"So," Jeno started, "I heard that if someone like to eat sweet things then they're just as sweet as the sweets the eat."

Laughing, Jaemin took a sip of his coffee, speaking afterwards. "I'm extremely sweet. An angel if you get to know me," he winked jokingly.

Jeno chuckled and rested his arms against the edge of the table, "Well, should we get to know each other?"

The question made Jaemin lose any confidence he had in his ability to converse normally with the other. Jeno's composure at the moment was eye candy at the moment, his muscly arms holding shape even while at rest, his pretty dark brown eyes giving Jaemin their full attention, his wispy hair falling naturally to curl near his ear. However, it didn't do much glory to Jaemin's heart. He decided to finally nod in response, muttering a "Sure" as he took another sip of coffee.

Jeno spoke again, "Then I'll go first. I'm Lee Jeno and I'm 23 years old. I don't go to college because I work full time at this cafe, and I'm planning to take over as manager for my father when he retires. I like sweet tea and coffee, coconut and savory foods. My favorite color is blue, and my favorite animals are horses."

Jaemin listened in, nodding as he mentally noted everything Jeno had just said. When Jeno was finished, he took his turn to speak, "Na Jaemin, 21 years old. I'm an aspiring fashion designer, so I attend the fashion institute up on 54th St. I like bitter coffee and sweets, especially things with fruits or honey. Or both. My favorite color is white and my favorite animals are dogs."

"Aw, little puppies," Jeno teased, leaning over to ruffle Jaemin's coral locks.

Jaemin scrunched up his nose, secretly melting under Jeno's touch, "Shut up, horseman."

A voice coming from the small kitchen of the cafe interrupted their interaction, "Jeno! Get back in here, we have coffee to prepare!"

Jeno rolled his eyes, but Jaemin could tell that it was only in a playful matter. Jeno patted Jaemin's head, standing up to get ready to aid his father, "That would be my dad, so I gotta go. it was nice talking to you, but I'll get you back for that remark."

Jaemin smiled up at Jeno, sticking his tongue out teasingly, "We'll see about that. Have a nice day at work, Jeno." He waved and watched as Jeno nodded and walked behind the counter, disappearing into the kitchen. He sighed, looking into his coffee cup with a hopeless look. He was totally crushing on this cafe boy.