2/1

Disregarding his strange feelings towards the two men at the coffee shop, Jaemin still decided that he was going to stop by in the late evening to get a large cup of caffeine, because he hadn't gotten enough sleep this morning and wasn't going to get any close to a decent amount of sleep tonight either. When he reached his hand out to open the door, he felt himself shake a little, almost wanting to pretend he hadn't want to go inside and run away to his apartment.

He stood there, staring at the door with hesitation for a while. In reality it was long enough for a certain somebody to notice the man standing outside the cafe and walk up to him, opening the door. Jaemin looked up, his eyes widening when he saw Jeno look right at him with a questioning look. "Are you going to come inside?" Jeno asked.

Jaemin regained his stance and scratched the back of his neck, "Uh, actually-" He was about to make up an excuse to leave to home, but before he was able to say anything he heard a peppy voice loudly speak from inside the cafe.

"Jaemin! Come inside and get some coffee!" Jaemin looked inside to see Jeno's boyfriend behind the counter, leaning against it with his elbows as he peeked out at the the two of them.

He suddenly felt a hand on his back, guiding him gently inside. Jaemin felt a blush on his cheeks as he hesitantly complied. His heart beat fast at Jeno's touch, and even faster when, as they were walking to the counter, his hand didn't leave Jaemin's back. As Jeno walked behind the counter, Jaemin awkwardly smiled as he met both of their gazes.

"Junnie, I'll fix him a cup if you want to talk to him," Jeno turned on the espresso machine and it whirred to life. The other man smiled and nodded, taking up the offer.

Jaemin tilted his head to the side in curiosity, "Is that your name, or a nickname?"

Jeno gasped, "You didn't introduce yourself?"

The other held his face in his hands from embarrassment, shaking his head "Oh no! I didn't, sorry babe." He uncovered his face and looked at Jaemin again, "Hello, my name is Huang Renjun! I'm 23 years old and I want to be a baker after I finish my culinary school." Renjun bowed a little, making Jaemin smile a little.

"Wow, you guys are perfect for each other," Jaemin exclaimed sweetly, but internally sighed. "A baker and a coffee shop owner? You guys should own this place together in the future, it'll be cute."

"It would be better if we-" Renjun started, but was immediately interrupted by Jeno, who was sending panicked looks at both of the others.

"We're planning on it. You see, Renjun already bakes some of the goods that we sell here anyway, so it won't be that different," Jeno laughed awkwardly, snaking his arm around Renjun's waist. Renjun only melted into the touch.

Jaemin tried not to pay any mind to the obvious third wheeling he was doing here, "Did Renjun make the pastry I tried yesterday?"

Jeno nodded, as did Renjun who excitedly spoke, "The Alexandertorte? I made a fresh batch of those yesterday morning. Jeno told me how much you liked it, and I was so flattered." Jaemin was surprised at how much these two talked about him. Was he really that important to this couple?

The espresso machine beeped, and Jeno left Renjun's side to go make an americano. Renjun continued to talk to Jaemin, "Did you get enough sleep last night like I told you to?"

Jaemin bit his lip, avoiding eye contact with the other, "Maybe."

"Jaemin! I'm disappointed," Renjun reached across the counter and cupped the other's cheeks with his small hands, gently rubbing his thumbs under Jaemin's noticeable eye bags. "Look," he said, "you look like you're dead already! And you're younger than me. You have to sleep normally if you don't want your pretty pink hair to fall out."

To say Jaemin was only flustered was an understatement. His whole face burned red, and his eyes widened at everything happening right now. Renjun's hands gently caressing his face, the comments about him, the close proximity of their faces. He was glad that Jeno said something about this, because he was too flabbergasted to respond to what Renjun had just done.

"Stop scaring our new friend, Junnie," Jeno nagged, walking back with a hot cup of coffee ready for Jaemin to take home. "Here, take this. Please don't go to sleep late today, okay? We hate seeing you sleep deprived."

Jaemin nodded, taking the cup of coffee from Jeno with both of his hands as he muttered a "Thank you."

"Good night, Jaemin! See you soon!" Renjun waved happily, a wide smile on his face. Jeno was right next to him, waving as well. Jaemin smiled in return, bowing his head since his hands were occupied with his large drink and his mouth was not able to function properly right now. He walked out of there quick, even though a part of him wanted to be able to stay with the two and not have to say goodbye every time he left them. Shaking off the thought, he started his walk home.