18. smile innocently

s2e14: crying wolf

"Dad, can I have some money for-" Brynley walked downstairs to see Elijah in her kitchen once again. "Oh, um, good morning."

"Good morning," Elijah smiled and Brynley walked over. "Your father left as I got here. Did you need something?"

"I just needed money for breakfast, but you're here, so," Brynley sat on the kitchen counter. "What are we making?"

"We aren't making anything, I'm making pancakes," Elijah corrected and Brynley shot him a look. "Because you know what I saw in my dream last night? I saw you last year, burning coffee. Now, tell me my butterfly, how does one do that?"

"Listen," Brynley defended. "That was one time and I was preoccupied because I was making waffles."

"Waffles that you also burnt." Elijah reminded and Brynley rolled her eyes.

"It was one time!"

"Clearly it wasn't, because my dream last night showed me multiple incidents of you screwing up in the kitchen," Elijah accused. "Therefore, you, Brynley-Bell, are a terrible cook. Which I honestly don't see how that can happen since your father owns the Grill and cooks everyday."

"He says I get it from my mom," Brynley grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. "Apparently, she couldn't cook at all either. Elijah, can I please help?"

"No, because your stomach is already sensitive enough, the last thing it needs is burnt food." Elijah joked.

"Please? Please, please?" Brynley grabbed Elijah's arm and turned him to her, making him stare into her bright, blue eyes that could probably get him to do anything.

"Fine." Elijah caved and Brynley cheered, making Elijah smile.

"What should I do?" Brynley turned to him.

"Can you crack an egg?" Elijah questioned and Brynley nodded. She grabbed an egg from the carton in fridge and slammed it lightly against the edge of the kitchen counter, cracking it. She brought it up to the bowl that all the ingredients were being put in and cracked it further, letting the yolk fall into the bowl. Bryn looked down at it and saw a piece of the egg shell in the bowl.

"Crap." Brynley mumbled.

"What did you do?" Elijah said while he plugged in the griddle.

"Nothing!" Brynley lied and remembered reading somewhere that if you wet your finger with water, it'll easily take the shell out. She ran over to the sink, wet her finger, and then ran back to the mixing bowl to see the egg shell already gone. "What?"

"You know what else I learned in my dream last night?" Elijah walked over to Brynley with the piece of egg shell in his hand. "You can't lie at all."

"Shut up, no one likes a show-off." Brynley rolled her eyes and Elijah grabbed a handful of flour and lifted his hand.

"What was that?" Elijah questioned.

"Elijah, you wouldn't." Bryn shook her head.

"Oh really?" Elijah smirked and threw a small amount of flour at Brynley, her eyes widening and she let out a shriek.

"Elijah!" Brynley giggled and grabbed some flour, throwing it Elijah. "Your suit doesn't look so good."

"Brynley, I have an event with the historical society later!" Elijah scolded.

"You should have thought about that before you threw flour at me." Bryn shrugged and smiled innocently at him.

"Don't do that!" Elijah tried not to smile at her, adoring her smile.

"Do what?" Brynley continued smile and her eyes sparkled slightly.

"That smile, Brynley!" Elijah sighed. "That smile makes it hard to be mad at you."

"Exactly, this smile has been getting me out of messes for the last 17 years." Brynley giggled.

"I know, that was covered in my dream two days ago." Elijah said.

"God, you got flour in my hair!" Brynley whined. "I just washed it yesterday."

"Hm, you should've thought about that before you attempted to lie to me." Elijah shrugged and Brynley pouted. "Go take a shower, I'll clean up here and I'm gonna need to use your laundry room to wash my suit jacket that you ruined."

"Thank you," Brynley smiled and wrapped her arms around Elijah, hugging him. "After I shower, I'll cut some fruit for breakfast."

-

"Alright Tyler, we're gonna get the moonstone and the doppelgänger, but we need one more thing, well person." Jules explained to Tyler in the RV. "A Hollis fairy. You know anyone with the last name Hollis?"

"Why?" Tyler asked, knowing that Brynley's mom's maiden name was Hollis.

"We need a Hollis fairy and a witch to do the spell to break the curse." Jules answered.

"So do you know someone or not?" Brady repeated.

"Yes, but we can't involve her." Tyler shook his head.

"Why? She your girlfriend or something?" Brady teased.

"No, I've known her since the day I was born, she's like my sister, we can't use her." Tyler rambled.

"Fine, we'll find someone else." Jules agreed and she and Brady walked outside, leaving Tyler in the trailer. "I know he's talking about. The brunette that was here with the Salvatore vampires when we were getting Tyler, she was a fairy."

"But she's not a Hollis, is she?" Brady questioned.

"She's Brynley Fletcher, Tyler talked about her a couple days ago. And you know who Amelia Hollis married, according to Stevie?" Jules smirked and Brady looked at her. "Evan Fletcher. Get someone to find out where she lives, she'll be good persuasion for Damon Salvatore to tell us where the moonstone is."

-

Bryn and Elijah agreed to meet back at the Fletcher house after Elijah went to the historical society event and Brynley worked at the Grill for a little bit. Elijah walked up the house and saw that door was already opened, but the locker was broken. He walked into the house and immediately recognized a distinct smell, fairy blood. He walked into the kitchen found the blood on the corner of the kitchen counter.

"Brynley? Bryn?" Elijah called and sped around the entire house, it finally hitting him that she was taken. "No, no, no."

a/n: double updateeeee, ty for all your support