Love Light

Being an international pop-rock star from South Korea isn't that easy. You found that the hard way when you decided to sign a five-year contract with YG Entertainment and your band's popularity rose up twice higher than before, your songs were continuously landing the top charts in multiple countries. At this point, you were too famous to even enjoy a cup of coffee at your favourite shop.

You struggled with the fame more when you found yourself staring at Rosé of Blackpink during a YG family meeting, which Yang Hyun-Suk himself noticed. He pulled you and the rest of your members right after, just to let you know that; "I'm not going to put a dating ban on everyone since the band had already established a stable fanbase before the contract, but please refrain from dating any of your colleagues.", you took note of the fact that he eyed you the whole time.

From then on, it was tempting to talk to the golden-haired vocalist. However, you fought against it because you realised that you were developing an undeniable crush on her — and you didn't want it to distract you from everything else. And so, even when your members had gotten close to the girls of Blackpink through the days of being in the same building at once, you desperately tried to make your conversations short; often excusing yourself with poorly thought out reasons while everyone else sat down and caught up with each other's lives.

Yet this time, it was different.

It was during the end of the annual SBS Gayo Daejeon and artists were invited to come on stage. You danced around with your band members; being on a stage without your instruments was new for you.

Of course, you couldn't help but steal small glances at Rosé; she looked absolutely gorgeous and you were dying to tell her that.

However, you also noticed that she was struggling to walk in her heels as your group trailed right behind the girls of Blackpink to move out of the main stage.

Just as you had predicted, as she descended one step, she quickly lost her balance. Your instinct kicked in and you rushed immediately behind her, placing your firm hands on her waist to keep her steady.

"I got you," you smiled as she turned her head curiously, a surprised look plastered on her face. "Does anything hurt?"

She grinned, heat rushing up to her cheeks. "Not that I know of, yet. Thank you for catching me."

"No worries," you said, descending two steps before her as you offered your hand towards her. "Here, I'll help you down."

Jisoo sent you a knowing look with a smirk. You raised an eyebrow at her, only for Jennie to playfully raise one back. Rosé huffed as she took your hand into hers. "Just ignore them, they're being silly."

Unknowingly to you, the whole scene was captured in the big screen behind you both, making the fans go wild at your interaction with Blackpink since you were the only person who made the least contact with them, with Lisa even openly saying that you were the member she doesn't know much about.

Consequently, this also led to speculations that you just simply hated Blackpink, when in fact, you were absolutely and undeniably head over heels for their main vocalist.

The little incident majored local and international headlines in a positive way. After all, it has been that long. As the world of Kpop entered a different era, idols couldn't interact with each other without their fans fighting and making a big deal out of it. Fortunately for you and Rosé, both of your fan bases loved it — they figured you would both be perfect for each other.

As for YG, he loved the attention his groups were getting. The company's stock price went up. With the success in mind, he eventually requested a meeting between her and you.