Psyqualia and the Mysterius Cardshop

In this world and age, card games became really popular. In this scenario, where these games became part of our live, one of them is the most popular.

And it is CARDFIGHT!! Vanguard.

In a close future, in a card shop called Card Capital, there are two 'Vanguards' fighting over a card. These are Sendou Aichi and Toshiki Kai.

And the card at stake is... Aichi Sendou most adored card, Blaster Blade.

But one may ask, why would a player bet his favorite card... the answer to that question lies a couple of minutes earlier.

You see, Aichi's bullie, Morikawa Katsumi, wanted an easy victory against Kai, who established his place as Card Capital best player, and seeing that Aichi himself have a Blaster Blade, one of the rarest cards in the game, Morikawa took Aichi's card and bet it on a card fight. And lost on top of that.

As result of this Aichi, who never once played a single match of vanguard, but already have built a deck, is now doing his very best to defeat a national level player, however...

This isn't a fairy tale. And if it is, then it have a very tragic start. After Kai rode his vanguard to the third grade, Dragonic Overlord, Kai's trump card, Aichi, who was already sitting on four damage, was now betting on a heal trigger, simply because Kai have checked a critical trigger in his drive check.

"Check the damage trigger, Sendou Aichi." Kai ordered, with seriousness in his eyes.

Aichi checked the first damage only to get a Wingal, then, when he most needed his luck, when he most needed to win, the world failed him.

After checking the second damage, Sendou Aichi revealed a Knight of Silence, Gallatin, which was, by far, not the card he needed at that moment.

Seeing that, the mood on all the players in the shop who were watching the game intently, visibly darkened.

The one who was most affected by it however, was Aichi. Tears where running down in his cheeks, and emptiness was in his eyes.

Seeing this, Kai took the Blaster Blade card and was about to give it back to the young boy. However, before he had the chance to do this, the blue haired kid picked his things and leaved the shop hurriedly, feeling more down than ever.

The truth is that Sendou Aichi and Toshiki Kai knew each other since childhood. Kai was, after all, the one who gave Aichi the unit he just loss. The one who gave light to that pitiful boy's live.

Aichi dreamed of fighting against Kai since they're first met. To thank all the help the older boy gave him just by giving him that card. But now... it was over.

Everything was just finished. Aichi's hopes and dreams crushed. His spirit and strength meant nothing to the power of Toshiki Kai.

For hours, the kid just roam aimlessly in the city streets. When the night had fallen, rain started to pour.

"Great... now that. Guess I really am unlucky, huh." The once happy kid said, with empty eyes.

He continued to walk, without even bothering the cold that touched his skin or the glances of pity that some of the people in the street sent him.

He continued walking without a goal, until he felt something.

It was like an invisible pull that grabbed a hold of his mind. Like something that couldn't just be ignored.

Not really seeing a reason to not seek the origin of that pull, Aichi followed his instinct to the place where he felt that the feeling was harder. With each step, the uneasiness grew, until it sounds almost wrong to keep following that path.