The rematch between two promised rivals Part 2

Everyone tensed. Aichi's behavior was putting his friends on the edge. Kourin more than the others didn't like seeing Aichi in a Psyqualia state. He reminded her of a certain power-hungry maniac.

"I activate Gancelot skill!" Aichi exclaimed, calling her out of her trance. "Counter blast, and then, Soul blast two! And then, I call Palamedes and Toypugal to the rearguard! Then, I give then each plus three thousand power. Next, I activate Gancelot's skill! When a card is called from the deck, I can discard three cards, then my entire front row gains plus 5000 until the end of the battle phase."

Kai tensed himself. Aichi was serious. He planned on forcing him through five damage, which by it's own right wasn't good. Looking at his future, he could see that he had to block the Vanguard, no matter what.

Both kid's eyes flashed with Psyqualia. Two powerful breezes erupted in the battlefield, one came from Aichi, a cold and ominous wind. From Kai, a hot and fiery one. The Sendou cuts the eye contact with Kai.

"Boosted by Lien, Palamedes attacks the Vanguard."

"No guard! I check the damage trigger. Get, draw trigger!" Kai screamed, drawing a card, and giving his Vanguard a plus 5000.

"Boosted by Toypugal, Gallatin attacks the Vanguard!" Aichi exclaimed, making everyone that didn't had Psyqualia became confuse. The next logical step would be attacking with the Vanguard, so why?

"Why did Aichi's..."

"He is gonna check a stand trigger..." Bucchi whispered, and then, everyone looked at him."I-i mean, it's Aichi we're talking 'bout here! You know, the guy who can manipulate futures and all!"

Everyone accepted what he told... everyone except Takuto. He eyed the boy curiously. Each time he was becoming more and more interesting.

"No guard!" Kai exclaimed, checking the damage and seeing a Tejas.

"Boosted by Guinevere, my Vanguard attacks." Aichi exclaimed, making Kai tense. He had to block this attacks and regain the flow of the game somehow.

"Perfect guard!"

"I drive check... first check, get stand trigger. I stand Palamedes and give him plus 5000. Second check, get draw trigger. I give Palamedes plus 5000 and draw a card."

Kai clicked his tongue. If he wanted a chance against Aichi's psyqualia, he needs to be strong enough so that those triggers don't make much of a difference. The Toshiki knew, however, how difficult this would be.

It isn't easy to maintain Psyqualia while playing, even more when he is constantly pressured. This was gonna be more challenging than he first expected.

"My Palademedes attacks with a total of 31000!" Aichi exclaimed, making Kai tense. He knew he couldn't afford more damage this turn.

"I intercept the two Burning horn, and also guard with Tahr!" Kai said, placing both critical triggers at his guardian circle. Aichi clicked his tongue. He really wanted that attack to go through. If it did, his victory would be assured.

Kai smiled at his frustration, taking his time to think at how he was going to play in his next turn.

/Aichi:

Hand 6

Counterblast 0

Soul 0

Damage 3

BR: Lake maiden, Lien/ Maiden of Betrayal, Guinevere/ Toypugal

FR: Palamedes/ Proud Knight, Gancelot/ Gallatin