Chapter 10

Leon woke me from a restless sleep. My dreams were not very kind to me. By 'not very kind' I mean that they filled me with blood, curdled screams, and sinister smiles- too much to bear. I almost had to wring out my pajamas from the sweat.

Leon of course had something to say of it, claiming I had woken the whole house with my screams. During the proceeding argument I glanced to the alarm clock. Five thirty-nine.

"Why in God's name did you wake me up at five thirty?"

He tugged the covers on his side of the large bed, tidying up. He glanced up.

"School," he muttered.

I counted days on my fingers. It was Friday, again. A week had passed.

"Okay," I agreed. "But why at five thirty?"

He grinned, honestly.

"We do not exactly reside near the school. In fact it is an hour's ride."

"I suppose it's a school for rich kids, like you?"

"An academy."

"How many other vampires?"

He laughed. "None, if they came they would be killed. This is our territory."

"I thought you said Jezebel..."

He flinched at her name. Real pain, human pain, marked his face and voice.

"If Jezebel comes, we are well prepared."

Her arrival sounded more like a hope for revenge- I'm sure the whole family agreed on. That was the glue that held them together.

"Well, I'll get dressed in the bathroom."

"I can see through solid objects. A wall will not keep me from seeing you."

He smirked.

"I hate you!"

I pounced across the bed, pummeling his chest with already bruised fists. The pain shot electric signals through my nerves, but I didn't stop. He captured my wrists, and gathered them in one large hand. He took his free hand and grabbed my face firmly, pressing me to the wall with his body.

He exhaled cold air slowly against my neck. His lips grazed lightly against my skin, and my body froze. My body clung to the sexual high it was receiving, but I closed my eyes in disgust. His lips finally rested at my ear. My heart had stopped, time had stopped, he had stopped. I couldn't breathe, I was too afraid- would he kill me or would he do something else?

"If I wanted to seduce you, I could enamor you into falling onto your knees begging. If I desired to see your naked body, you would have offered it up at that moment. Do not think for a second that I have no power over you, I certainly do. More dominance than that of Palmer and Trevor combined. If I did those things to you, though, you would only become more subject to being killed."

"You wouldn't give a damn if I died," I growled, finally able to breathe.

He tossed me aggressively onto the bed. He stripped his t-shirt and glared at me.

"Remove your shirt," he demanded.

I began to refuse, but realized my hands already clutched to the hem. He smiled at me like I was a caged animal, doing a dance for a flavored treat.

I struggled against his control, but only slowed my hands from pulling upward. I mentally pulled my shirt down thousands of times in one second, but in reality it was headed the other way. My entire stomach was now visible, and I fought to keep my shirt over my chest.