xx8

dialogue:

the sun was setting behind the crashing waves. multiple basses were bumping from party boats passing by. brighton was in troy's arms, drifting in and out of a peaceful sleep. she couldn't be happier. she heard avani and charli laughing over something that was probably not that funny, addison and bryce were still splashing each other with water in the ocean, dixie and madi went to go grab everyone drinks, the sun was at the point where it was still light outside but not hot anymore. for what seemed like the millionth time that trip brighton felt as if this was exactly where she needed to be. brighon didn't tell anyone about her and liberty yet. she enjoyed not having to worry about it. she stayed there until the sun went down. she fell into a deep sleep; soothed by troy's fingers running up and down her thigh. 

"hey, bright, we're heading back." troy whispered softly shaking brighton awake. brighton slowly stood and looked up to the night sky. she slid her sandals on and headed back to the house laughing with the girls. she slid into her neatly made bed sheets along with dixie as the other girls surrounded the bed to relax together. this had become part of their routine. the girls would all stay in brighton's and dixie's room until they would get tired. sometimes, a couple of girls would end up falling asleep in the bed. 

"any updates with you and troy?" dixie asked setting her phone on the nightstand. 

 "no, dixie, but i could as you the same thing about griffin." brighton teased causing all the girls to laugh. "but, no, not really. i mean, i like what's going on and at this point, i don't see what could go wrong if we did date." she admitted. 

"you are officially the last person to think that." addison said as she tugged her sweatshirt over her head.

"there is something i need to talk to you girls about." brighton said a little less happy as she grabbed her phone. 

"what's up?" charli asked. brighton unlocked her phone and set it in the middle of the circle so all the girls could see. 

"and these are with you and liberty?" avani asked looking down at the phone. 

"mhm." brighton hummed as the girls read the messages. 

"wow." madi said sitting up. "she's a bitch." 

"i feel bad."

"why? literally why?" madi excalimed. 

"i feel like i let her get the best of me. i've known liberty for a really long time and i wouldn't put it past her to do something nasty with those messages."

"bright, you aren't a mean person therefor she can't make you seem like a mean person." charli comforted putting a hand on brighton's knee. "you had your reasons to say what you said."

"i don't think liberty is dumb, bright. she knows what she did is wrong so it would be stupid to bring any extra attention to it when you could just expose her for being manipulative, rude, and selfish." dixie said ripping a hairbrush through her wet hair. 

"dixie's right, bright. don't waste your time stressing over this." avani comforted. 

"especially when you're in the bahamas!" madi added changing the whole mood of the conversation. "you're in a tropical island, with your best girl friends, and your soon to be boyfriend!" madi yelled. 

"madi! shh!" charli hushed as she tried to suppress her laughter. 

eventually madi and charli headed to their room, addison to bryce, and avani to anthony. brighton slowly feel back to sleep while dixie struggled with the charger and her phone case. 

instagram stories:

@theghostofbrighton

@theghostofbrighton: