:Part 1:

you hadn't shown up to school for quite a few days. i constantly wondered where you had run off to those days. were you sick? was there a death in the family? or did you simply just not want to show up?

the next time i saw you was when i spotted you in the school library the day you had returned. you once again looked emotionless, but i could see the glimmer of interest in your eyes as you continued to read your book. slowly, you wetted your lips with your tongue, glancing upward only to catch me staring.

i remember how your nose scrunched up in distaste as you closed your book and walked closer to me, a sense of determination swirling around in those dark brown orbs of yours.

quickly i stood from my seat at the table across the room, turned, and briskly tried to escape from the eyes boring into the back of my skull. your eyes.

but before i could reach the door, your hand gripped my shoulder swinging me around to face you. this left us in quite an awkward position if you ask me. i was pent up against a wall, both your hands placed on the wall on either side of my head. at this point, your book lay partially open on the floor, and i was squirming against the library wall.

"why are you staring at me?"

your voice rang through my head, my mind only taking in the sweet melody of your voice. so smooth and soft, yet somehow awfully rough and deep.

"you're so beautiful."

i coward and cringed as the words escaped my lips. internally i cursed myself for letting the sentence slip, but my words were true. how could such vibrant features be manipulated to reflect such lonesomeness, a beautiful pain.

i heard the click of your tongue, bringing myself to look you in the eyes.

your eyes, a swirl of brown and black and gold. a beautiful universe held in a singular orb. i don't know how this moment felt to you, but for me, the world slowed, painfully. i was trapped at this moment and couldn't escape, no matter how painful your piercing cold stare was to me.

and just when i thought the moment wouldn't pass, you laughed.

you laughed.

a beautiful, sarcastic, cold sound, that even now i don't think i'll ever be able to forget. and suddenly all the anxiousness of the moment before had faded the second i saw the corner of your lips curve slightly upward. the tense air was replaced with the sense of humility that appeared as an embarrassed blush on my cheeks.

before i knew it your face turned cold again. i didn't even process the fact that you had walked away until i saw the back of your thrasher hoodie as you walked down the hallway.

and just like that i felt even more trapped in your hold.