:Part 8:

⚠️warning: this chapter contains violent scenes and strong language

i walked silently in the misty spring air, the light drizzle of rain dampening all my clothing. my earbuds blasting music that perfectly matched the gloomy weather. i held my breath tightly, beginning to walk faster. i had an uneasy feeling that i needed to get home immediately.

within minutes i was rushing up my doorstep, the sound of screaming drowning out the music. yanking out my earbuds and shoving them in the pocket of my backpack i bust through the door to see an awful sight.

my mother lays on the ground, blood trickling down her temple and from her lip, glass bottle broken at her feet. she looked disheveled. her hair was a mess and her clothes were torn. 

standing over her was my father, a half-empty bottle of soju in his hands. he looked absolutely livid. i knew interfering was gonna cost me, but i couldn't just leave my mother defenseless. 

"what the hell are you doing! get away from her," i hurriedly make my way to my mother, slightly pushing my father aside to get to her beaten form, "what happened, mom?"

before my mother could answer i was kicked over and spat on. my father's kick just happened to land on a previous bruise below my ribcage which resulted in me doubled over in pain.

"you can't tell me to get the hell away from my wife, boy! stay out of our business," he growled in a deep intimidating voice. normally i'd back away and stay quiet, but this time he had beat my mom much worse than ever before and i couldn't let it stand. 

"you have no right to call her your wife! do you see the way you treat her?! you don't love her, but i do! so back the fuck off!!" i yelled at the top of my lungs as i slowly got up off the ground and stood in front of my drunken father. i pushed him backward and with all the power and rage i could summon landed a devastating blow to his jaw.  

he looked taken aback to sat the least and when i saw him retreat to the kitchen i thought for a brief moment that i had won.

i leaned back down to my mother and once again asked her what had happened and if she was alright.

but when my breathing had started to slow down and my mother's tears had begun to dry i hear a loud gasp emerge from her lips. and in the split second following that gasp, i tumbled over with a fire burning in my stomach. 

i saw the blood before i saw the knife. and god- there was blood everywhere. it blossomed onto my shirt like the flowers outside during these spring months. and then i saw the light reflect off the knife and heard more screaming. screams from my mother and father. and then the door busted open and suddenly there was another person screaming. 

i recognized your voice immediately yoongi. i turned my head to catch a glimpse of your thrasher hoodie and mop of black hair as you beat my father onto the ground

but i don't remember anything after that because just then my world turned black.