:Part 7:

i watched as your hair flew in the wind. each little strand went in its own direction, the black hair tinting blue in the rays of the sun. you glowed. the smell of morning dew still lingered in the air and the sky hadn't quite reached that perfect daytime blue. 

i just wanted some air before class, i didn't really expect you to follow me. i didn't even want you to follow me. my hood was pulled up to hide the bruising on my eye and the cut from the shattered glass on my cheek. how was i supposed to explain that to you this time?

"you didn't text me." your voice sounds rough to my ears. it wasn't a question or even just a statement. it was an accusation against my actions, and it lingered in the air. what did you expect me to say to that? sorry? i forgot? i was busy? a million responses swam in my head, but all i could respond with was, "guilty."

"it's fine, though, don't stress about it." you laughed off the intensity in the air leading me to laugh along with you. but even after the laughing ceased a handsome smile lingered on your lips. you seemed to study me with your eyes, that smile never wavering.

"what?" i question your gaze. you look away as if you were never looking at me in the first place. you now focus on the skyline of the city.

"your- your laugh is cute...it made me realize i've never seen you smile." 

that forced the smile back to my lips, but i knew you couldn't see.

"you should smile more, it looks nice on you."

that sentence left my heart beating faster than it ever had before.