Chapter 9: Qualifying for the Toughness Test (Part 1)

After the last-minute preparation the gang promised Sabriye, she met up with Admiral Tarung and Commander Kokoci in the arena. "I'm sure you already know the type of tests you'll be having so I'll not be elaborating much," Admiral Tarung announced and a table and a chair appeared beside her.

When Sabriye took a seat, Commander Kokoci passed the paper to her and Admiral Tarung told her to begin. There was tension in the air but Sabriye didn't seem to be struggling with the paper. However, the gang couldn't help but feel nervous for her, hoping she would pass.

Once Sabriye was done and told to put her pen down, she got out of her seat and gave Commander Kokoci the paper. The gang and Sabriye's hearts were pulsating. This was the moment of truth. While Commander Kokoci was looking through the answers, his eyes widened behind his shades.

Noticing this, Admiral Tarung took the paper from his hands and followed suit. His reaction was the same. "Sabriye, you... have passed! These answers are well-elaborated. You got most of these right. Well done! You got 85 points!" Admiral Tarung announced, adding the points to her scoreboard.

That brought a smile to everyone's face and the gang congratulated her. "Don't celebrate just yet." This silenced everyone else. "Now it is time for..." Suddenly, Admiral Tarung's watch beeped. "Lunch!" Of course, Sabriye expected that. While Admiral Tarung was heading out, Gopal struck a conversation.

"Man, that test must've been easy for you if you got 85 points. If only I have that kind of intelligence. You must be smarter than me," Gopal complained with a pout. "Hey, there's always room for improvement. Just because I got higher than you, doesn't mean I'm smarter. It's because I studied and you didn't," Sabriye attempted to cheer him up.

"Yeah, but even if I did study, I don't think I would've passed then," Gopal countered and got a response that he, or anyone for that matter, expected. "You're kind of right." The gang looked at her in shock and in question.

"But not in the way you think, of course. You see yourself as a kid who has a low level of intellect and can't grasp anything. But I see a guy who can grasp at least something. But, I bet you just need some encouragement, a little push from time to time, so don't say that you're dumb. You know what they say: Motivation is also a key to success," Sabriye advised.

Gopal was taken aback. He had never heard such words coming from someone before. He started to feel the warmth from it. "And in all honesty, I think you're smarter than I am," Sabriye stated her opinion, again, surprising Gopal again. Just then, a voice interrupted their conversation.

"Hey, aren't you going to have your lunch?" Admiral Tarung questioned from the door. "Be right there!" Sabriye hollered. "Hey, Fang. Remember that deal we made this morning?" Sabriye reminded Fang while he grinned widely, replying, "Yup. You owe me those red carrot donuts. And I want three of them."

Sabriye accepted the request and headed out of the arena with Fang, followed by the rest of the gang. Gopal was lost in his train of thoughts, thinking of Sabriye's advice. He smiled at what she said. She was right; all he needed was encouragement. His thinking was cut short when someone noticed him.

"You like her, don't you?~" Ying asked with smug evident in her tone. Gopal felt his face heat up at that question. "What? No, I don't! Well, not like that, anyways," Gopal retorted. "Yeah, right. Just now, you were smiling and you had that look in your eyes. I bet it has something to do with what she said," Boboiboy joined in on the teasing.

"Boboiboy, not you too!" Gopal retorted again, covering his face with both of his palms. Meanwhile, Sabriye heard their conversation and blushed madly. Noticing this, Fang asked, "You heard that, right?" Sabriye gave him a deadpan response, "Obviously." Fang started to smirk. 'Oh boy, here it comes,' Sabriye thought and braced herself for the teasing from Fang.

However, unknown to them, she was smirking maliciously. 'Just you guys wait. I'm soon gonna get my revenge for shipping me with Gopal.'
______________________________________

A/N: Hey guys, I know you saw the moment between the two Indians. I myself was blushing while writing that. I know some of you guys don't ship Gopal and Sabriye and you ship others, that I'm not going to name. Also, feel free to guess what Sabriye was going to do to get her revenge. Hope you guys liked it, stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye. 👋🏼