Jail Break

—-Sam—-

After a bit of searching we regroup with the X-men.

"Mister Sinister is here."

Scott would probably be annoyed if Sinister wasn't so terrifying.

"Him again?! He's been after some of us for a while, now I'm sure the professor is here. He used the professor to lure us to this location."

Loki nods.

"It's beginning to look that way."

Instead of being an ass Scott is actually civil with his next words.

"Do you have any idea where we should look for him and for Shanna?"

"Yes, if Sinister's being strategic I know exactly what part of the citadel they'd be held in follow me."

Scott doesn't argue and Loki takes the lead. I don't know what has compelled Scott to suddenly stop being a dick but I hope it stays this way. We fight off The mutates as we go they aren't a big problem now that we have our powers back.

He eventually leads us to a staircase off to the side of a dead end hall it's a bit out of the way and not very obvious. We fight through guards on the staircases eventually making our way through. We open the door at the bottom of the stairs to see rows and rows of occupied cells.

Logan and Laura get to work cutting locks, Kurt and Kitty use their abilities to empty as many cells as possible. Logan opens a cell and a woman who must be Shanna comes running out. Ka-Zar embraces her and they have a sweet reunion.

The mutates can't keep up fighting the shear number of prisoners that have been released and are taking heavy losses. Their remaining forces fall back a bit. We near the end of the cell block and notice three doors that are more secure than the rest.

We open the first one up. I'm shocked to see Magneto in chains looking up in confusion. Upon seeing our abilities obviously working he quickly looses the chains. Logan (stupidly) gets up in Magneto's face.

"Where's Xavier?!"

Magneto looks at him and smirks probably at the fact that he knows Logan can't hurt him.

"That's precisely what I'd like to know."

He uses his abilities to rip the last two doors off their hinges. Scott is the first to enter and I see him fall to his knees in shock. 'Is the professor dead?!' Logan goes in after and is obviously stunned. He sounds choked up when he speaks.

"J- Jeanie?"

'Jean?!' The rest of us file our way into the room finding Jean looking shaken but alive. Magneto inexplicably doesn't hesitate to help us get her out of the chains she's in. I look at him suspiciously and Rogue asks what everyone is probably thinking. (Besides Loki he's probably pretty confused at this point but I'll explain everything to him later.)

"Why are you here?"

"My dear, Charles and I responded to the same message calling us here, something made our planes crash, we had been narrowly escaping capture together in the Savage Land for I'm not even sure how long, and were fairly recently captured."

So Sinister must be after some members of the Brotherhood too. Kitty looks at him skeptically.

"Why would you help Xavier?"

"He's an old friend."

Loki looks at me with the upmost confusion at all this I mouth 'I'll explain later' he nods. We make our way to the third room where Xavier is chained up. I can't help myself it's been so long I run to him in tears and hug him.

"We thought you were dead!"

I begin taking the bruises and cuts he has on him as I hold on. He pulls away confused.

"Sam?"

I nod. A familiar and comforting presence enters my mind and I can sense that Xavier has a lot of questions about me and what happened to me. 'I'll explain later' he nods. Magneto gets the chains off of him. The professor eyes Loki with curiosity but says nothing. I sense he will probably need some convincing when it comes to Loki and I. This doesn't matter right now because we have unfinished business here.