More Gifts

—-Sam—

We continue with gifts starting with the gifts Thor brought. Thor hands one to me and one to Loki. He looks to my family apologetically.

"I'm sorry I didn't know what to get for you all."

They assure him it's fine. Loki's small smile disappears as he looks at the gift a realization seeming to hit him. Thor sees this.

"What's wrong brother?"

Loki mutters under his breath trying to make it so the others can't hear. He's incredibly quiet.

"I didn't get you anything."

Thor looks unbothered and waves it off.

"I didn't get you anything for your birthday."

"I guess..."

Loki still seems a bit upset. Likely believing he's screwed this whole thing up. It's not like he had an opportunity to get him anything though he's been stuck at home and Thor wasn't sure he would be able to make it until literally a day ago. But I guess he's already just so nervous about my family being here. Thor puts a hand on his shoulder smiling warmly.

"It's all just for fun."

Loki smiles slightly and nods his brother's words seeming to ease his anxiety. Loki and I open our gifts. He got me a gift card for Drekka. Loki suddenly just starts laughing at his gift as he unwraps it. I am very confused by this until I see what it is he's holding. Thor bought him a spell book from a popular Halloween store.

I start laughing too Thor tried his best but wow. Thor looks at us in confusion. He's dumb as a brick sometimes but the sentiment behind the gesture is so sweet. My family is also confused until they get a good look at the sticker on the back of the book featuring the logo of the store. They start laughing too when they see it. Thor looks at us all still confused.

"What? Did I do something wrong?"

Loki chuckles a bit and looks at the fake book of witchcraft again. He smiles fondly probably at his brother's ability to be so sweet and so stupid all at once.

"No Thor I will get great enjoyment from reading this."

He's right he's probably going to get a kick out of it. Thor looks at him happily.

"So you like it?"

Loki laughs slightly again.

"Yes brother I like it the gift is very... you."

Thor hugs Loki

"I'm so glad!"

After a second Loki accepts the hug. After this instance Loki seems a lot less anxious about this whole thing. We move on to the gifts my family's brought.