Blessing

—-Loki—-

It has been about a month since the Christmas get together. I don't know what's wrong with me I've never been one to procrastinate or second guess my plans but when it comes to anything to do with Sam... my anxiety becomes almost insurmountable. The night after her family left I gave her the Christmas gift I had stored away for her.

I knew this holiday was important to her and had gotten something for her before the fire incident. I gave her a gold necklace with a charm in the shape akin to Asgard's symbol with a dark emerald in the middle. It's brought me joy to see she wears it nearly every day.

This month we celebrated her birthday on the 17th ironically close to mine only a month off. I bought her a dress befitting of the princess she will be once we are wed. She's made it clear to me she's not the most fond of dresses but when I saw it I couldn't stop thinking of her. Upon receiving it I had been afraid she didn't like it only to discover her silence was due to her being in awe at the dress. Sam couldn't believe it was hers.

During the past month we've gotten the hang of the Sling Rings after some lessons with Strange. Obviously I can't travel that way today. I've finally worked up enough nerve to do this. I show up once again at Thor's house I'm wearing my favorite and in my opinion nicest suit, it's all black. Sam is at home enjoying her favorite show. I knock. Thor answers the door, curiously observing my attire and nervousness. I explain.

"I'm asking today."

He nods fully understanding what I mean from our previous talks about my plans.

"I'll take you to him."

He takes me to Westchester via the bifrost. Before I leave he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Good luck brother. Send me a message I'll meet you back here when you finish."

I nod so far today I am, as Romanoff would put it, 'uncharacteristically non-hyper-verbal'. I step away and make my way towards the school.

———————————————————-

It doesn't take me long to figure out where Logan is. Xavier meets me almost immediately upon me entering the school. I begin to explain knowing my presence here alone is quite unusual and possibly even alarming without context.

"Professor I am here-"

He cuts me off.

"-I already know why you are here. He's in the teachers dormitories in the first sub level room 616."

From everything Sam told me Xavier didn't go poking around in people's minds. 'My thoughts must be loud.'

"Indeed they are. Equally loud is your intent. You're truly a changed man."

This wasn't a question, it's not a test, he states it as a fact. 'Just like that he trusts me?!' Xavier smiles.

"Yes Loki just like that. Now go before Logan decides to take a nap."

I nod then hurry off to find Logan's room.

——————————————————

I knock on the door I hear Logan angrily mutter something about a nap then the door opens. I freeze a bit but quickly do my best to regain my composure.

"Logan I... can I come in for a moment?"

He lets me inside seeming confused by my presence here.

"What is it?"

I want to run but fight the urge to bolt for the door planting my feet. 'Loki you are going to do this there's no backing out now.' I take a deep breath.

"I wanted to... to ask you something."

I'm not confident in my words as I usually am. I'm honestly still trying to figure out how to ask. He lifts his eyebrows and tilts his head down telling me to go on.

"...something about Sam."

He looks at me curiously lifting an eyebrow though his expression remains stern. This doesn't help my sudden inability to speak smoothly.

"I... well... I know I may not be... may not ever be worthy of it but I love her... and I well..."

He seems annoyed at my ramblings I can't exactly blame him.

"Get to the point."

'Just say it.' 'The worst that can happen is he kills you and saves you from the shame of rejection.' While that's not a comforting thought I find my lips moving.

"I... I want to marry her."

He looks to me slightly smirking.

"It's about damn time."

I'm in utter shock at this reaction and I know it shows he ignores my expression and goes on.

"I was beginning to worry you didn't have any sense."

I find my voice again, still dumbfounded.

"I... I beg your pardon?"

He sighs smiling slightly.

"You've got my blessin' bub."

I'm still shocked I had been so sure he'd reject my request.

"...why?!"

"Cause you're good for each other."

I stand there in shock. He looks at me irritated yet slightly amused.

"Well... Get out of here, you've got more important shit to be doing now than standing in my room."

I nod I'm so surprised by how this has gone I have no words. I hear him chuckle slightly as I leave. I make my way from the school still not believing what happened. I'm walking back towards the direction of where I'm supposed to meet Thor when the realization sets in. I feel a smile form on my lips. I had done it and it hadn't ended horribly. ...there's so much I need to do.