Research

—-Loki—-

As Sam leaves to carry out phase one of my plan I can't help but feel a bit worried about her going alone. I wanted to go along and simply take a different form but Rogers had strongly suggested I stay out of it. I understand why if Amora is at all suspicious it could ruin the plan entirely. We don't want her recognizing me by the way I fight or carry myself.

I try and set my anxiety aside, Sam is a beyond competent fighter and she's not fighting anyone from this realm so running into anyone from her past shouldn't be an issue. Besides, now I finally have a couple hours to do some research. I feel that it will take far too long for me to find books that cover this specific subject. As inexperienced as I am with searching for information online I need to try.

I sit at a table in the communications room and open up my phone. 'How do I do this again?' Working with primitive Midgardian technology has always been a challenge for me since moving here. I try a few things getting a bit frustrated. I can't remember. Then I hear a somewhat familiar timid voice.

"Umm Loki? Uh Sir do you... do you need any help with that?"

I look up surprised to see Peter's friend Ned Leeds looking up from his station at me. Honestly I had forgotten he worked here. He's been Peter's friend since before I knew Peter but I don't know him that well. He never seemed to be around when I was with Peter.

I assume he's been frightened by me and has avoided being in my company. Ned's question isn't phrased using a condescending tone at all and he seems to be genuinely asking, still I am quite frustrated and embarrassed that I do indeed need his help. Leaning my elbow on the table I rest my head in my hand in annoyance with myself as I answer.

"That would actually be appreciated."

Ned looks slightly surprised I didn't snap at him for calling my intelligence into question. How could I when I am in fact incompetent with Midgard's technology and truly do need his help. Ned rolls his chair over to where I'm seated.

"What are you trying to do?"

"I'm trying to search for... something."

"Like google something?"

I nod having lived in Midgard long enough to know that this was a synonym for what I was trying to do. I'm embarrassed as I know this is a simple task. I look at him apologetically.

"I don't really use this device for all that much."

"It's no big deal. I'll show you."

Ned is very helpful as he teaches me
and soon I get the hang of how to use the google on my own. As Ned starts rolling his chair back to his station I thank him.

"Thank you for baring with my incompetence."

"Hey it's no problem, don't worry about it. If you have any questions I'll be right over here."

I smile slightly and nod thankful he had not treated me like the fool I felt like for not knowing.

——————————————————————

I had been correct in not telling her, I need to somehow get to a jeweler without her noticing, I find myself nervous at one of the traditions I read about. It is customary that I speak to Logan about me proposing as he's the closest thing to a father that Sam has.

It's all a bit overwhelming, I find myself in need of someone to talk to about everything I've learned. Perhaps after this is all over I'll talk with Peter about this he would know what to do. Though he's unmarried he's lived his whole life on Midgard and will likely be able to help me. I'm pulled from my thoughts by Ned.

"Um Loki?"

"Yes?"

"We're descending to extract them from their mission if you want to meet Sam in the aircraft hanger."

I smile as I get up to leave.

"Yes. Thank you and farewell Leeds."

"No problem man, and It's just Ned. I'll see you around!"

I nod once more and smile a little wider as I walk away it seemingly has gotten easier and easier for me to talk with people. People don't shy away as much as they once had. I have only just begun to realize what I was missing before, I had been extremely lonely, just as my younger self had been. I guess that's over now, yes sadly the mortals I've come to call my friends with die far too soon, but I'll likely have Sam and Thor around for the rest of my life and that... that may just be enough.