//ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷//

1985. Maximoff Household. 7:00

I tapped my finger against my glass.

"So what do you want to know? You must've called me here for something."

Lorna shifted in her seat. Pushing her hands under her thighs.

"I guess all of it. I wanna know where you started if you're gonna marry my big brother." She was about, maybe, 13. And we weren't getting married but the thought was nice. I was babysitting for Peter and Magda. They went to lunch since it had been a while with the whole apocalypse thing. 

I laughed a bit. Taking a sip from the glass. A car passed by outside as the sun set into melding night. The city. From Magda's house, the view was beautiful. Breathtaking. Better than the views at the school.

By the way, I'm Zeppelin Banks in case you didn't pick that up.

Lorna watched me with careful eyes as I started explaining. She'd heard this story a million times from me. But she can't get enough of it. 

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
1973. The Maximoff household.

I watched Peter play ping pong with himself for the millionth time. Something was getting to him. I could see it. He held himself different.

"Peter! The cops are here!"

I groaned and got up, grabbing a Twinkie and unwrapping it as three guys came downstairs.

"It wasn't me! I didn't do anything!"

I snorted a bit, earning the looks of the three men.

I paused.

"Charles?" I said, dropping my Twinkie which Peter saved in two seconds flat.

"Zeppelin?"

I stood up, reaching to touch his face to throw him.

Then I slapped him. Earning hisses from each of the men as if they felt that pain.
Peter sped to his game of pong as I looked on at Charles Xavier.

"You shut down the school!"
"I had to."
"You didn't have to do shit!"

I fumed. Looking at the other two men as Peter sped over to Charles, snagging his wallet "Hey whats with this 'Gifted Youngsters' place?"

Charles snatched it back "That's-That's none of your business."

I sat down as Peter did next to me, laying his legs across mine which rested on a coffee table.

He sped to get a snack before taking his place back next to me as the two guys and Charles chatted. "Is there something strange here? Nothing anyone would believe."

I took my Twinkie back from Peter, taking a bite from it yet spitting it out when Logan pushed out his claws.

"Eugh." Peter's face contorted into disgust.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

I hummed and sighed "And that's how it began. And your brother broke into the pentagon to get your dad. Erik."

She smiled "You really slapped Mr.Professor?! Why?"

I smirked "You want another story princess Lorna?"

Lorna shifted and sat on the edge of chair. "Sure."

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

1969. Banks household.

Storming into my room and slamming the door was normal now. Fucking sucks...

I had tried to give my dad water.

Fucking water.

Uncle Charles was over, talking to my father for the past hour. He can calm my dad more than me...

I sighed and ran my thumb over my pink floyd records.

Then shouting.

My fear kicked into drive and I ran out of my room to see Charles and my father fighting.

I grabbed my little siblings. The boy and girl twins wrapping their arms around my thighs.

I covered their eyes as my dad gave out a dragged out yell "LEAVE MY FREAK KIDS AND I ALONE CHARLES!"

I sniffled a bit. Sadness turning into anger.

"Vanessa. Baron. Close your eyes and look away."

They did so.

So I took my shot.

I pushed Charles to the side. Bringing my knee to my dad's crotch.

He fell with a thud, cupping his groin as my middle and ring fingers touched my palms. I faced my hands towards my dads kneecaps, my eyes glowing like they weren't mine as I shot my dad's kneecaps. The edges of the holes in his knees now sizzling with an electric green tint from my energy shots.

"ARGH! You FREAK!" He writhed in pain as Charles slowly got up, wrapping his arm cautiously around my shoulders as my arms dropped to my sides. I cried. Looking on at my father.

Charles glanced over at my brother and sister, kissing the top of my head before going to them.

I walked to my room, packing my clothes, records, and small amount of jewelry into my suitcase. Kinda surprised it fit there at all.

Charles leaned in the doorway. My brother and sisters bags on his back and slung over his shoulders.

"I'm taking you somewhere safe, Zeppelin."

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

I looked at Lorna. The last word escaping my lips as she looked at me.

"You did that?"
I nodded.
"Did he ever find you?"

"He was scared to."

Lorna leaned back in her chair, circling her kneecap.

"You're brave."

"I guess you could say that."

Our heads shot to the right as the doorknob jiggled, revealing none other than Peter Maximoff along with Magda. He smiled

"Hey." He said, his mom waving at me to which I waved back

I snorted a bit, taking a sip from my new tea on the rocks as Lorna got up and ran over to her brother and mom, hugging them tightly

"That speechless we haven't wrecked the place, huh?"

Peter laughed a bit, walking over and kissing the top of Lorna's hair before making his way over to me and, his lips meeting mine.

I could feel him take the tea drink out of my hand and set it on the table next to me.
"I can taste the whiskey on your lips. Cool it with the alcohol around Lorna....please?" He murmured, making me sigh a bit.

"Can't say no to those eyes Peter." I sighed as the couch dipped next to me, Peter wrapping his arm around my shoulders as Lorna smiled.

"I have a guest room if you two wanna stay the night, it's getting late and I wouldn't want you two out there." Magda said with a soft sigh
"Mom, please-"
I cut Peter off "We'd love to." I smiled

I looked at Peter and he sighed, pecking my lips. "Fine." 

"Tell her the one about how you almost got yourself killed for me. Ma hasn't heard that one." He said, smiling like an idiot who just thought he'd won a new car.

"If you insist."