//ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2//

1983. Ruins and rubble from Apocalypse.

I nibbled my lip and held Charles' head in my lap

"Please don't give up yourself..." I pleaded. Watching his eyes.

He scoffed "I'm telepathic not telepathetic." Charles said, shaking his head

"Peter..."

My head snapped upward. Hearing the blood curdling scream from my boyfriend.

I kissed Charles' forehead, leaving him with Moira before running out to the scene.

Apocalypse had broken Peters leg.

Apocalypse looked at me and smirked, breaking Peters arm.

"Come fetch your weakling and imbecile, Charles!"

Peter whimpered, his breathing heavy and face contorted in pain.

"Please..." he said breathlessly

"Please don't hurt her." He begged

My eyes instinctively got the angry lime green glow, my index, middle, and ring fingers curling into my palm as I raised my hands, shooting a green energy beam straight through Apocalypse's chest.

He looked down at it. Amused at the circular burn in his armor.

"Pathetic."

He was even more amused as I went to punch him. Grabbing my fist and sighing "A shame. You would've been an amazing addition to the team."

I went to punch him with my other hand yet he grabbed that too. Dropping Peter as I struggled against his grip.

He picked me up. Slamming me back down into the ground.

I felt my ribs hit the ground first.

Then my stomach.

Thighs.

Knees.

Over, and over.

"ZEPPELIN!" I'd hear every now and then.

And I'd get glimpses of Peter screaming out. His brain wondering-no racing on if I was okay let alone alive.

Until he grabbed my jaw harshly, not caring about the blood dripping from my nose or forehead.

"Useless." He dropped me. Calling for Charles once again.

I rasped at Peter, trying to get his attention, trying to reach my arm out to him no matter how much pain it caused me.

He shushed me as tears fell onto his cheeks, not just from the pain in his arm or leg anymore

"Zepp don't move...God babe, my Twinkie for the love of god please don't move." He said, his voice breaking as my arm fell back into the dirt

He swallowed hard, panting with relief that I was still conscious. "I'm okay gorgeous, I'm okay. Just stay there until we can get you help. Just stay put. For me? Please? Don't use up your breath. Just keep your eyes on me..."

I couldn't say no to him. So I did. I kept my pale green eyes trained on his.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

"And then Jean killed Apocalypse with Erik, Scott, Ororo and all?" Magda said, leaning on the arm of her chair.

I nodded, running my fingers through Peter's silver locks as he slept in my lap.

"Wow...you risked yourself like that for him?"

"Of course I did. I'd do anything to make sure Peter was okay."

She exhaled in astonishment, shaking her head lightly.

"You do love him."

I smiled "You wanna hear another story?" 

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

1983. Xavier's School For Gifted Children.

 I was confined to my bed with strict orders from Hank and Charles to stay in bed all day. 

Peter's crutches tapped against the floor, soon he tapped against my door with his right crutch. 

I smiled softly "Come in." 

But my face dropped as Hank came in. 

"Sorry Zeppelin. Not Peter." He tapped his pen against his clipboard. 

I nodded. "Nothin' to apologize for. What's up doc?" 

A corner of Hank's mouth turned up "Well, I can say you're all healed up. Just take it easy." 

I smiled and sat up, hugging Hank quickly before running down to Peter's room as fast as my legs would carry me. I soon knocked hard on the door. 

"Oh, Peter! Your loving girlfriend is here to smother you in kisses~!" 

Peter's sweet laugh could be heard through the door, making my bottom lip rest between my teeth as I smiled. 

"Come in Zepp!" I opened the door, slamming it behind me and engulfing Peter in a bone-crushing hug.

He nuzzled his head into my hair "God...I love you more than Twinkies." 

I laughed a bit "Alright. Cool your jets lover boy."  I pet him and smiled as his eyes twinkled with excitement. 

"One more week without this cast. One more. Then I can take you to every state, and maybe even-" 

I stopped Peter from his ranting. "Take it slow. For once. And Ironic I know. But your leg wasn't supposed to bend that way. Just sayin'." I looked up at him 

He sighed "Fine, fine. Only because I don't wanna hurt it again." 

I put my hand on his cheek, kissing him "Mhm. Spend time with me. I need attention."

He sighed "Alright, alright...." A light blush was creeping up his cheeks softly. 

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

I sighed "Yep." I was thinking on if I got every detail. 

She sighed "You both are really cute. Forgot to mention." She laughed quietly to herself 

I yawned "Mind If I go to sleep?" 

Lorna shook her head "Nope. I was about to head there myself. Gnight." She skipped over to a door, dissapearing into a purple room with posters lining the ceiling. 

I sighed. Peter was a rock when he slept. So, my I was stupid and I carried him to the bed we'd be sleeping in for the night. He stirred, yet never woke up. 

Once in the room, I laid him down on the bed gently, ridding him of his goggles and pants, tucking him under the blankets. I pressed a kiss to his forehead, noticing a small smile appear on his face as he slept while pulling on my leather jacket and slipping on my shoes. Soon heading out to the alleyway on 8th. 

The cold air hit my face. And I could see my breath. I shivered slightly as I walked. The streetlights illuminating my path every couple of feet. I rolled over the idea again and again.

Was this a really good idea?

Whatever. 

Thank god Peter was used to waking up to an empty bed.