//ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4//

Well, see now I was in a box. 

Erik always had a thing about how mutants were always going to be on the bad side to people. How we needed a way of convincing them. He who holds the power makes the rules. He needed to make sure mutant and man were equal. 

He needed to be stopped. 

I swallowed hard and closed my eyes. 

"I'm not joining you." I sighed

Erik tensed and sighed "I thought you were better than this." He shoved past me, walking down the hall and to the foyer. 

I rubbed my eyes. And the floor was suddenly interesting. 

I sighed. It was so late... I should sleep.

I stumbled back into my dorm. Smiling at an asleep Peter. I pulled off my pants and got in with him,  cuddling close to him. 

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

1985. 10:00 A.M.

I woke up. I looked to where Peter should be. 

Nada.

I hummed and sighed, sitting up and yawning, fixing my hair and rubbing my eyes. I slowly got out of bed, and looked in the mirror and smiled, doing finger guns at my reflection "Hey there sexyy." I laughed a bit and got dressed for the day. The Smiths t-shirt, black jeans, leather jacket, cross earring with a diamond stud in the the other and to top it all off my combat boots and the locket Charles gave me.

I glanced in the mirror again with a sigh. 

"Goodmorning bitch." 

I walked out of my room, putting in my earbuds and turning on my walkman. 

Ah yes. 

Louder Than Bombs. The Smiths. 1987. Ask.

I hummed and sang along as I walked down the halls. Ruffling some kids hair. I then saw Jean. 

I waved and smiled, doing a quick secret handshake wit her. 

I turned up the volume a couple notches. I was heading towards the danger room before I was stopped by Charles. 

"Good Morning Zeppelin. Sleep well?" 

I nodded and popped out my earbud.

He smiled "Very well, to business I suppose. Today I want you to train with two specifically new mutants. Peter and Ororo have agreed to help if nessecarry so they're all waiting in the danger room as per usual." 

I hummed in response, turning on my heel and walking down that way

"Zeppelin, one more thing!" 

I stopped and turned halfway "Yeah?" 

Charles smiled warmly "I love you." 

I tensed for a minute, nodding slightly and pushing my earbud in, running down to the danger room. 

He'd never said that so calmly. Unless he was trying to convince me stealing or defacing something was bad. He never meant it. At least it diddn't seem like it. Always seemed like he was just a family friend of my parents and a brit who liked his tea. 

I only saw him as my father because I was kinda forced to. 

Once I made it to the danger room doors I caught my breath and shook my head, wrapping my walkman in my earbuds and putting them in a drawer with a vase of flowers above it. I fixed my jacket and walked in.

I froze. 

"Baron? Vanessa?" I smiled softly. Hoping desperately it was them. 

They turned. 

My green eyed sister and brown eyed brother turned, smiling softly. 

Baron threw a throwing knife up. Catching it by the handle "Sup' Zepp." 

I smiled even wider, running over and engulfing them both in a bone-crushing hug. 

Once I pulled away, Vanessa laughed a bit 

"Wow you're old." 

I scoffed "Still the hottest sister." 

Peter raised a finger "I second that!" 

I laughed a bit, taking off my jacket and tying it around my waist, cracking my knuckles "Alright, let's see what you have." 

I smiled "Vanessa. You're first."

"Come at me." 

I stood dead center in the Danger room. Watching Vanessa with an eyebrow raised. 

She looked as if a tiger had just found it's prey, circling me with a confidence that could've filled two of the X-Mansions. She watched me with precision, deciding her fist move carefully. 

She waved and in a blink was behind me, she kicked the back of my knee and in the time where I fell on my knees she blinked in front of me, going to shove me onto my side. 

I grabbed her wrist, transferring the fight energy, I pulled her behind me, using the time in that she was stunned to get up. 

She turned to me, now ticked off that her plan didn't work, and she charged, her hands engulfing into fire. 

My eyes widened and I smiled, my hands taking position of the horns and throwing a low-energy ball towards her.  

She fell flat on her back and groaned, her hands extinguishing and steaming. 

I crossed my arms "Your technique is a little off. You're angry. Why?" 

She got up sharply and stomped "Because of you dumbass!" 

I messed up my face "How am I at fault? Also, uncalled for!" 

She put her hands on her hips and stared at me defiantly 

"You left us. You left Baron and I with some random guy. You never showed your face till now. Zeppelin we were two and you were thirteen. You knew what was going on!" 

I sucked in my cheeks and sighed "Yeah? Well how was I supposed to stop Charles Xavier? How was I supposed to know that he wouldn't let me see you." 

Baron laughed "Bullshit! He told us that you didn't wanna see us. Not to mention, he told us that you died fighting Apocalypse. We only found out you were alive was because of Hank a couple months ago." 

I scoffed "And you think I didn't wanna visit my only family left?!" 

Vanessa spit at me, it splattering against my shoulder 

"You had dad."

My lip trembled. "I didn't have shit. He's not our father, he's an asshole." I said calmly 

Baron walked over to Vanessa, siding next to her "You had a mansion full of people who were like you. You have friends, you had ways to the outside world. You were coddled Zeppelin.  You have people who love you." 

I tilted my head "I...I love you guys..." 

Vanessa scoffed. "Not. Enough." 

Peter locked the Danger room door. 

Storm, or who I thought was Storm, shifted back into a person I didn't recognize, and the same with Peter. Both were decked out in military gear. 

Baron crossed his arms 

"We'll show you what it's like to be kept in a glass box."