//ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3//

Biting my nails was always a nervous habit. I wasn't even feeling anxiety. I bounced my leg. Waiting patiently, though all of my ticks were showing. 

I hoped they wouldn't come looking for me. 

Though soon enough Charles Xavier him fucking self rolled through the door with Erik Lehnsherr strolling right behind him through the warehouse. 

Fuck. 

"Zeppelin?! Why are you here?" 

It was around 12:00 yet the X-men strolled in. Peter. Mystique. Storm. Pheonix. Cyclops. The whole shebang. 

I facepalmed and stood up hastily "You all have to leave this fucking instant." 

Erik sighed as Peter questioned me "Zeppelin, there's a huge fucking artillery here-Wh-Why are you here?" 

I sighed, the familiar feeling of a Glock against the back of my head. 

"Necromancer. The fuck is wrong with you doll, you brought the bright bozos into the fucking warehouse?! You trynna sell us out? BITCH!" He grabbed my jaw, moving the gunpoint to my temple as I put my hands up 

"I didn't bring them here." 

"And why the hell am I supposed to believe that?! We got two males and a pretty lady you need to burn to ash!" 

I swallowed hard, lifting my hand up and forming it into the sign of the horns at his face. 

Green energy fried his brain and he dropped like a ragdoll.

"ZEPPELIN!" Charles wheeled closer and I tensed at his yelling. 

"Zeppelin. He was going to pay for it in prison." 

"He was running a drug cartel! Having mutants do his dirty work while he got the cash!" 

Charles shifted in his wheelchair "And you were here why?" 

I sighed "Baron and Vanessa were being abused here. I came to get them." 

Charles softened a bit and looked up at me "You should have called us." 

"Yeah?! Well, the most you'd do is tie them all up and leave them for the cops! They wouldn't pay for their actions and their crimes against us! They needed to pay."

Charles sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose "Peter, get the assholes, Kurt, mutants." 

They nodded and followed suit. 

It always went like this. 

I'd always be in the wrong. I'd be degraded and yelled at for doing something by Charles, and he'd give me this look. The look that makes me wanna cry and drop to my knees. It was always about my attitude, my example towards the mutants, my mistakes. I was always the one in the wrong.

I couldn't help it. The tears pricked my eyes and I started crying, frustrated, angry tears. 

"You know what! If you hate me then why am I here? It's called the X-MEN anyway!" I wiped my eyes swiftly before storming out. 

That seemed to catch Peter's attention and he sped after me, catching up soon enough. 

"Hey-hey, baby." He stepped in front of me 

I hung my head "What. What have you got to say to me now?" 

Peter pulled me into a hug, his hand on the back of my head and his arm having a protective grip around my waist

"I'm here." 

To that, I broke down crying into his chest. Peter was always there somehow. No matter what he was by my side, making me feel better and holding my hand every step of the way.  I mean...We knew each other since we were 16. 

"Peter I'm-I'm sorry..." I said, crying harder. 

Peter placed his hands on either side of my face, wiping off my tears gently "Shh, Shh, come on now baby. You were trying to save your baby brother and sister. I get it. I'd do anything for Wanda and Lorna." 

I smiled softly "I'm sorry you woke up to an empty bed again..." 

He nodded a bit "Why don't we go back to the mansion? Cuddle and listen to Pink Floyd?" He flashed a smile at me 

"Okay..." 

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Back at the mansion I was in Peter and I's shared room. I hummed, putting in the mixtape of Peter and I's favorite songs. 

Peter hummed, smiling softly "29 creeped up a bit too quickly." He smiled at me, flipping through a photo album from a couple years back 

I smiled and walked over, pointing at a picture of Ororo, Jean, Jubilee, and I "That was my 25th!" 

Peter laughed a bit "Remember when we went out and defaced almost every building in sight?" 

I smiled even wider "Hell yeah! And whe-" 

Soon enough, I was pulled by my ring to the door. And only one person does that to get my attention. 

Erik Lehnshnerr. 

I sighed "Yes Erik?" 

He opened the door "I need to speak with you. Without Peter." 

I rolled my eyes, following him into the hallway where he crossed his arms. 

"They've been treating us unfairly." 

My eyebrows knitted in confusion "Who?" 

"Society. I only gave up my plan for Charles. I couldn't loose my closest brother. But after seeing you risk yourself and how useful and strong your will is. I'm considering changing my mind."