//ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8//

I rubbed Peter's back as we both watched over Erik. I had gotten up numerous times to get Peter an energy drink, twinkies, a jacket, whatever he needed really. I was right by his side, making sure that Erik and Scott were both okay. 

I could feel Jean's eyes burning a hole in the back of my head. I pecked Peter's cheek "I'm gonna go grab a sweater." He nodded and looked up at me as I walked out of Hank's lab and into the main school. I knew Jean was following me. That's what I wanted. 

I walked up the stairs and up the right staircase but stopped abruptly due to Jean landing in front of me. She was so calm as she landed, light on her feet from flying. 

It was fucking terrifying. 

I sighed "Hi...Jean..."

Jean nodded "Zeppelin." 

I looked up at her "Look, Jean, I'm really sorry about getting Scott hurt, I never meant for him to get hurt. Same for Erik. It's my fault, I admit that...." I  sigh "I'm so sorry Jean..." 

She hummed in response. "Thanks for apologizing. But I'm still pretty pissed." She flicked her hand and flung me into the wall above the door to the Mansion. I cracked the wall a bit and fell with an even harder thud on the floor. 

Jean walked down the steps quickly, right as I was getting up she grabbed me by the collar and punched me, square on the burn mind you, and knocked me down again 

"Jean...Please...I'm sorry‐" I started, but was once again cut off by being thrown onto the stairs via telekinesis. 

I groaned out in pain, my back hitting every ridge of the steps as I slowly got up. Peter and Charles came out, noticing me getting up slowly and Jean ready to murder me. 

Charles paused "Jean, we can sort this out like people‐" Jean forced him back into his office, using her telekinesis she slammed the door shut also 

Peter sped towards her, stopping in front of her "Jean please, you can talk with her about this! Listen to the Professor!" 

Jean sighed "If you were in pain because your thigh had a stab wound, cuts of your cheeks, and almost had both of your arms scorched, she'd try to kill me too." Jean slammed Peter back into a wall. 

Now I was pissed. 

I got up "You really think I'd try to kill you for that?" I hit her with an energy shot to knock her down before holding up my middle, index, and thumb with my ring and pinkie folded onto my palm, trapping Jean in a force field.  I ran over to Peter, making sure to keep Jean securely in the lime green bubble. I helped him sit up "I'm so sorry...Are you alright? Nothing too bad?" He shook his head "Just hurt like hell." He looked up a Jean

I sighed "Go lay down. I'll come check on you in a minute, okay?" I kissed his forehead as he got up. I ran over to Charles' office, forcing the doors open and seeing him safe. 

Relief washed over me "Are you okay?" 

Charles sighed "I assume so. Let Jean go." 

I paused "She'll kill me!" 

Charles looked up at me "Then talk to her first." 

I sighed "Fine..." I grumbled as I walked over to Jean's protective bubble. "If I let you out are you gonna try and hit me?" 

Jean shook her head a bit. An eyebrow raised. 

I hesitantly let the bubble disappear, and Jean tried to go for my neck, to which I broke her arms apart with mine, grabbing her by the wrists "Jean! Listen to me!" 

She struggled against me "Let me go!" 

I sighed "Jean! We're best friends! We've been together since 1975! Come on! We've trained together, fought side by side! I've always accepted and loved you for who you are! We've gone on so many double dates! So many mall trips! We've spent this far together and you're gonna let it crumble because I didn't have my guard up!" 

She still was fighting me. 

"JEAN GREY!" I shouted. Ready to fucking embarrass the shit out of myself. By now a bunch of kids who looked up to me, as well as the rest of the x-men, including Peter. 

Jean paused, I finally got her attention. 

I broke out in air guitar "JEAN GREY, THE GREATEST CHICK." I slid on my knees, playing on my air guitar "JEAN GREY, HER LAST NAME IS A COLOR, WHICH IS SO PUNK!" 

I saw a hint of a smile on Jean's face. I smiled and got up, running towards her and stopping abruptly in front of her, doing a solo on my invisible mic as I shimmied down to drop on my back while holding out the note 

"It's got me! It's got me in a fuuUUUUUUUNK!" I got back up to my feet 

"SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND! IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD." Jean laughed a bit 

"Zeppelin...okay...You can stop now..." 

"SHE'S THE BEST! THE TOP OF MY LISTTTT! THE COOLEST CHIICCCCK!" 

I jumped up, doing my best Pete Townshend jump "JEAN GREY!" I landed on my feet and bowed "That's all folks." 

Some of the students were impressed, a lot looked kinda weirded out, and some clapped, but the x-men just kinda went back to what they were doing. 

I panted and smiled at her "Encore?" 

Jean smiled and sighed "I'm sorry...I...Got...I got carried away. I was just so worried about Scott..." She sighed "I just...I needed someone to blame-" 

"Other than yourself." I finished "I know. I've been feeling that too." 

Jean smiled softly "Girls night with Jubilee and Ororo?" 

I smiled "Hell yeah! Lemme just check on Peter, then we can get everything in order." Jean nodded and hugged me before going back down to Hank's lab. I walked up to Peter and I's shared room and saw him lying in bed while listening to our mixtape. Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd was currently on, and it was almost done. About to go into Tom Sawyer by RUSH. He opened one eye when he saw me open the door then smiled, in front of me, and holding my waist in two seconds flat. 

I closed the door behind me with a small smile "Hi Quickie." He smiled and kissed me sweetly, pulling away quickly "So where's the girls night? In here? In Ororo's room? Jean's room?" He sat on the bed as I pulled out a pair of pajama pants and a t-shirt "It's gonna be in Jubilee's room tonight." 

Peter scoffed "Too good for me now huh?" He crossed his arms 

I laughed a bit and threw my clothes on top of my dresser, sitting next to Peter "Look, tomorrow night we can go to the arcade." 

Peter paused "You're looking at me like I have money." 

I smiled and pecked his lips before getting up and going over to my dresser again, pulling a huge bag of quarters out "Your oh so loving girlfriend has been saving up quarters for five years so that we could have an arcade date. The one down on fifth. Has Tetris, pong, Mrs.Pacman as well as regular pacman, Galaga, Tron, Super Mario Brothers, etcetera. Fully stocked." 

He got up and hugged me tightly "Best. Girlfriend. Ever." 

I smirked "Better than Mrs.Pacman?" 

Peter smiled and laid his head on my shoulder "Oh definitely." 

I kissed his cheek "Better than Twinkies?" 

He smiled and pulled me closer "You are my twinkie." He had a shit-eating grin plastered on his face

"Pietro, I swear to god."