DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR (Vanessa Imagine)

Vanessa Moe Imagine

"Oh, I'm feeling fragile can't you seeClosed my heart up like a locket"

Closed my heart up like a locket"

-------

Your fingers tap on the desk in a quiet rhythm. A cup of scotch in your other hand as your mind wanders.

As a billionaire's child you would think that your life would be less depressing. I mean you grew up without friends, homeschooled. Knowledge being crammed into your head at a young age. Your mother being sick with cancer dying while you were young. Your father being just as absent as your dead mother. Developing trust issues because of your parent's absences more specifically your father's.

God. It's all so cliche. If your life was a movie you would go back and kill the director before he even got the chance to write it.

Some say you're dark and gloomy. But when you have never had a light to look up to what else we're you supposed to be?

"Ms. Sparrow." Your assistant, Kevin, says making you look up.

"Yes." Your voice blank.

He clears his throat nervously. "Your 12 o'clock meeting is waiting in the boardroom."

You hum getting up and finishing off your cup putting it onto your desk.

"Is my father already in there?"

"Yes." He gulps thinking you would be upset by that.

A smirk rests on your lips knowing that your father will be pissed. It was one of your favorite pastimes really. Did it make up for the fucked up childhood though? Nope.

"Good." You pat Kevin on his head as you walk out.

Your strides long but slow as you eventually make it to the double doors of the conference room. Bursting through it like you owned the place... wait you technically did.

You chuckle at your thoughts.

"Glad you came to join us, Ms. Sparrow." Your dad says his eyes blazing.

You chuckle. "I had important matters, father." You stop, leaning down to say the rest in only his earshot. "My cup of scotch simply couldn't wait." Your voice taunts as you see his jaw clench tight.

"However this meeting has nothing to do with my matters but.." You trailed off looking at who was on the other side of the table.

You really should have listened when Kevin was trying to tell you who you were meeting with. Don't get it wrong you were committed to your place in the family business but whenever it came to meetings with your father you had tendencies to write them off.

The woman was a depiction of beauty. Her hair in a bun showing off her oh so markable neck... she was in a loose button-up that was tucked into her black pencil skirt. Her long tan legs doing wonders to your imagination.