CHASING V

Cindy Kimberly Imagine

-------

Cindy sat with her legs crossed as her friends argued.

"You know her better than me Chantel."

"But I don't have her number, Lissa." The DJ stressed.

"And I honestly don't know how I do."

Chantel was close to pulling her hair out with this argument with her friend.

"I DONT-" Chantel took a deep breath. "I don't care how you got it Alissa just give it to me so I can text her."

Alissa sighed. Chantel's finger quickly shot up.

"Better yet. You text her, ask her to meet and you talk to her."

"That's so unprofessional, I don't know her that well. "

Cindy got up seeing no point in listening to an argument that was getting nowhere.

This whole thing felt like a ring around. Cindy couldn't even be certain that when she got you alone that you wouldn't dismiss her.

A dull pang in her chest.

If you don't know the outcome of something, how will you know if it's all for nothing?

Cindy sighed closing her room door. A lone tear escaping.

--

Vanessa crossed her ass arms. Those piercing green eyes sizing up the cause of your current sorrows.

"No." The word coming from her lips sternly. Vanessa turning to walk away.

The hope that Cindy previously felt, fell quite a bit. Not enough to give up though, enough for a frown to make its way to her lips.

Chantel softly grabs Vanessa's arm. "Nessa please it's me asking. I know you look out for her but-"

Vanessa's eyes glared. "No the hell you don't. She-" Her finger points to Cindy. "She broke her."

Her eyes going back to the woman. Making Cindy want to curl up into a ball, with the ferocity behind them. "And I wish that was an exaggeration." Her lips curled into a snarl.

"She-"

"I'm right here," Cindy commented loudly getting annoyed at being talked about like she wasn't hearing the whole conversation.

Vanessa scoffed. "Now."

Cindy's eyebrows furrowed.

"You're right here. Now. When you realized how much you fucked up. After you realized your ex was still as much of an asshole as you painted him in your head. After you exhausted all your choices. And I'll be damned if I'll participate in someone making my best friend their last choice."