NINETEEN

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Colors
Artist: Halsey
Chapter Name: ⚠️ Broken Crayons ⚠️
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

Izuku wakes up on a comfy bed. It isn't his, that's for sure, but it's comfy.

Shouta wanders into his bedroom to see the half awake child sitting up on the bed. Izuku looks at him with desperate eyes—being for some sort of comfort. Shouta then sees the trail of salty tears roll down the teenager's face.

Speed walking over to the kid, Shouta gently wipes Izuku's tears away with a tissue from the box on his nightstand. The pain in the kid's eyes is oh-so-noticeable, making whatever's left of Shouta's withered heart tear to shreds. The tired man gently pulls the boy into a comforting hug.

"Things will be alright, kid. Whatever happens, we'll get through it. You deserve a break after all that's happened, and I don't blame you for feeling like this. I never will—ever." Shouta explains softly as he rocks the boy in his arms back and forth.

Izuku starts to bawl, with Shouta trying desperately to help the kid feel better. The former doesn't notice when the bedroom door slowly opens and closes, with Hizashi sneakily lurching in.

"Hey, kiddo! How ya feeling?" The loud blonde says with concern as he sits himself on the edge of the bed.

Izuku doesn't say anything; the boy just starts to cry harder. Shouta gives Hizashi a desperate look as he pulls the crying teenager closer to himself. Hizashi lightly rubs the teen's back, making the kid droopy.

Izuku moves back and plants his face down into Shouta's pillow. Hizashi continues to rub the kid's shoulder.

"Hey, kid. Move your face, you're gonna accidentally suffocate yourself." As soon as the words leave Shouta's mouth, he instantly is filled with the feeling of regret. 'Great job, Shouta. Tell the kid who nearly just committed suicide for the second (known) time that he's gonna accidentally block oxygen from coming inside his body.'

"Good." The greenette muffles.

Hizashi gives Shouta a flat look. Shouta looks away in shame for a second. The blonde sighs, starting to talk, "No, it's not good. Your friends, your other teachers, Shouta, and I would all miss you so much. For as long as we have you in our custody, you aren't going anywhere."

"Yeah, and how long will that last? Just until they decide to throw us all into foster care?" Izuku sneers back, turning his face to look Hizashi in the eyes.

"Forever; we aren't letting you get lost in that hell-hole." Hizashi smirks.

The greenette's eyes widen. He immediately jolts up, not once looking away from Hizashi's face. The boy looks for any sign of dishonesty in the expression on the blonde's face. Once he realizes that Hizashi is not, in fact, joking, Izuku pounces and tightly wraps the man in a tight hug.

"You really thought we would give you problem children to someone else? Nope, you're our problem children, whether you like or not." Shouta softly smiles as he looks at Izuku.