The beginning

284 AC 

King's Landing 

He was sitting next to the fire when he heard a knock on the door. 

" Come in! " The door opened and Stannis, his brother, came in with a bundle in his arms. He stood up and walked towards him. " What are you carrying, Stannis?" 

" She is the last living Targaryen. " He removed the blanket from the baby's face. " Daenerys Stormborn; that's what her mother named her. " 

Robert frowned, looked at the baby for a second and then he walked to the other side of the room, where his sword was.

Stannis took a step back. " I didn't bring her here so you could kill her. She is just a babe. " 

" She is a Targaryen! She is a threat! " Robert shouted as he threw out his sword. " And her brother, that bastard stole Lyanna from me! "

" Yes, she is a Targaryen and I know how you feel, but she is just a child and her house has gone now. She has no supporter if she wants to start a rebellion against you. The Mad King destroyed Targaryen house name. " Stannis had no idea why he was defending her. When one of the soldiers gave her to him, he wanted to kill her, but as soon as she opened her eyes, he couldn't do it. He felt like he had to keep her. 

" You want to keep her with yourself? "

" If you let me, your grace. " Stannis tried to be polite. He had to if he wanted to keep the baby with him. Robert put the sword down and walked to his brother. Daenerys started to wake up; her hands came out from the blanket and then she opened her purple eyes which enchanted Stannis a few days ago. 

" You can keep her, but Stannis! I'm telling you, I'll kill her as soon as I feel any danger from her. You understand? " Stannis nodded and held her tighter. 

" Thank you, my king. " Robert sat on a chair again and closed her eyes. 

" Get out now, I have things to do. " Stannis left the room knowing that keeping the baby was the right thing to do...

.....................

15 Years later...

" What do you want to do with her, Robert?" Stannis looked at his brother who was watching his children playing. " She's turning 16 soon and many lords want her for their son. " 

" I have a better plan. " He walked to the other side of the room and sat at the table. He found a paper and started writing. Stannis just looked at him and waited for his answer. Daenerys was beautiful, so everyone fell in love with her and asked him if she could be their bride. Robert only saw her twice, but he knew that his brother liked her and he would have lain with her if he could. After long moments, Robert gave him a letter. 

" What's this?" 

" Send this to Ned Stark. " 

" Why? " He looked at the letter again. It had Robert's seal on it.

" Daenerys Targaryen is going to marry Ned Stark's bastard son. " He said and laughed loudly. " She can't marry a highborn lord, Stannis and I'm sure Ned will keep his eyes on her. " Stannis opened his mouth to say something, but he couldn't. He had to obey the King's orders, even though he knew Daenerys deserved better than a northern bastard...