Meeting Starks

Daenerys

"That's not fair, uncle Stannis." She nagged and looked outside of the carriage, trying to find a trace of Winterfell. She only heard its name. Winterfell... one of her servants told her Winterfell was cold and dark, like its people.

"There was nothing that I can do about this, Daenerys. Our king wants you to marry Jon Snow." He said with a frown. "I send three letters to our king, he didn't answer two of them."

"What about the other one?" She wanted to keep her hopes up, but she knew Robert.

"He wrote that you will marry to a man he wants. You are like a daughter to me, but I if Robert wants this, I can't say no." She sighed and looked outside again. Stannis, who she called uncle Stannis took care of her well. He always gave her whatever she wanted and loved her as a father loved her daughter.

"You know him?" Uncle Stannis looked at her. " I mean have you met Jon Snow before?"

" No, but I know his father very well. He is an honorable man. I think he raised his children honorable too." He didn't say more and went quiet.

He is an honorable man, but he has a bastard son... she laughed in her mind. She hadn't met Jon Snow, but she knew she couldn't stand if he brought a bastard baby home. Every child we may have will be Snow... a bastard like he is...

She wanted to scream. She was a Targaryen, blood of the dragon, and instead of marrying a highborn lord, she had to be with a northern bastard. She was angry with Robert, who forced her to marry. She was angry with Rhaegar, who stole Lyanna Stark selfishly and didn't think about anyone, even his own children. She was angry with her father, who burt people until his last breath. And she was... she was angry with herself; for killing her mother. A tear escaped from her eyes, but she wiped it quickly before Stannis realize it.

She already imagined Jon Snow in her mind. An ugly fat man who was twice her size and probably he smelled bad because of his activities. He probably hadn't combed his hair for years and he won't be kind with me... she was afraid of their wedding night; as they told her, the first time would be painful and she was scared of that. She knew he wouldn't be lovely and she had to tolerate him for the rest of her life.

" How old is-" She looked up to ask from Uncle Stannis, but he wasn't there. She pushed the cloth aside and looked outside. She was so lost in her thoughts and she hadn't realized that they had arrived. Uncle Stannis was talking to a man... he must be Ned Stark. After minutes of talking and laughing, Uncle Stannis walked towards the carriage. She closed her eyes quickly.

" Daenerys, wake up. We are at Winterfell." He shook her hand. She opened her eyes lazily and looked at him; she had no choice. She went out of the carriage... they were in the middle of a big yard. Stannis took her arm in his hand and walked where Stark family was waiting for her. She stood in front of them.

" Hello. I'm Daenerys." Her voice was shaking, but she tried to act like she was strong.

" Welcome, my dear. I'm Ned Stark." He had kind and calm eyes. She smiled at him. He walked a step forward, cleared his voice and started. " She is my wife, Lady Catelyn Stark. " Lady Sark gave her a fake smile, but her eyes were cold like ice. " He is my eldest son and my heir, Robb." He seemed a bit kind. He smiled warmly and shook her hand. " My daughters, Sansa and Arya." Sansa was like her mother, coldness in her eyes said many things about her, but Arya wasn't like her. She could say Arya looked a bit annoyed and wanted to run away. " My sons, Bran and Rickon." She smiled at them. Rickon's eyes were on her hair and finally he asked his question.

" Why your hair is white? Are you old?" She laughed softly, but she could see the anger in Lady Stark's eyes.

" No. My hair is like this since I was born. My family had white hair like me. " She answered him calmly, and Rickon just nodded. Uncle Stannis put his hand on her shoulder.

" She needs to rest before the ceremony tonight. Will you show her chamber, please?" Stannis said to Ned and he nodded.

" Tonight?" She couldn't help herself and said it loud. She hadn't met him yet and they were going to marry in few hours. Maybe he was uglier than she imagined.

" Yes, that's what King Robert asked." Ned Stark said as he pointed at the servants. Stark family walked towards the castle and Uncle Stannis followed them. She walked next to him and looked everywhere carefully; that was where she had to live for many years.

" Are you going to be Jon's bride?" Arya asked her quietly.

" Yes. King Robert ordered." Arya just nodded and walked next to her. " Where is Jon? He wasn't out there."

" He said he is sick and he can't come for your arrival, but I think he was crying. " She said and ran to her mother, who was calling her. Crying? But why he was crying? He was about to marry and he was sad?

Before she could lose himself in his thoughts again, Ned Stark opened a door. " That's your chamber. You can get some rest and then get ready for your wedding. I'll send servants for you."

" Thank you , Lord Stark." She said as she entered the chamber...