Ready, Set, Wait.

Sam was in the dungeon summoning Crowley for the fifth time. He didn't understand why it wasn't working, Crowley must have found some way to shield himself while being summoned. This confused Sam, sure he knew that Crowley didn't care for him but wasn't he 'buddy buddy' with Dean? He figured that Crowley would at least try to bring Dean back.

Sam continued to summon for ten more minutes until he heard the purr of the Impala. He rushed down to the garage to find the doors open and car gone. Who stole Dean's car? And why? Sam looked outside to see if there were any tire marks to leave a trail to follow, but there were none. He walked back inside; he would look into the car theft later when he was more sober. Yet he headed back to the library for another drink to put off the pain. Dean, his big brother, was dead. His last words "I'm proud of us." meant the world to Sam and he wished that the year before had been better.

Dean had tricked him and wasn't sorry about it. Sam was sorry that he hadn't been more forgiving, they were brothers after all. Sam remembered Dean had said that, along with if Sam had been dying, he would have tried to save Dean like Dean had saved Sam. And how did he reply? "No, Dean, I wouldn't." How could he have said such a thing? Guilt and embarrassmant washed through his drunk body.

Sam was in the main room now. All the lights off. He decided to go see Dean again, apologize to his body. It took a long time and even more drinks for him to find the courage to go. But after he finally found it and calmed himself down, he walked, stumbling under the influence of all the scotch he had drunk, into Dean's room expecting to find Dean laying on his bed where Sam had carefully put him, but the room was empty, the stench of sulfur everywhere.

The anger hit him so hard it made his head throb. That must have been why Crowley hadn't come when summoned. He stole Dean's body! But why? Had Crowley taken the Impala too? Sam didn't know, he needed answers, needed Dean. Dean would know what to do, Dean was a better tracker. But Sam could do it, he could find Dean's body. He would make Dean proud of him, would hunt Crowley down to find him. He'd look till the day he died.

Sam called Castiel, drunk and sobbing though he was, told him what was going on and told Cas to get back to the bunker. Sam now went down to the garage looking for a car he might know how to drive, not at all wanting to be seen driving around in Castiel's pimp car. He had never driven any of the car's that were there though. But Dean had. Sam thought back to free days after a solved case when Dean would take one lucky car of his choosing for a joy ride. He always loved these cars, and if one needed a fixing, Dean was always more than happy to work on them.

Sam finally found a stylish, old fashioned, grey mustang that would do. He checked the engine with the skills that Dean had taught him to make sure it would be ready for a long trip; who knew how long he would be out? He certainly wouldn't be back without Dean and he didn't need the car breaking down on him while he was out. However, when he was done he went back inside to wait for Castiel. Even if he didn't want to admit it he would need help finding Crowley.