house party 2

***Picture of Chris***

______________________________

I grabbed Joe's hand and pulled him to the side. Away from anyone's eyes.

"They can't know about me taking the train over here, "  I said to him as I  watched the sparkle in his eyes fade with disappointment.

I can't give Alexia another excuse to tease me.

"Why? You're too good to take the train now?" He asked.
He's so much younger than I had expected. He has that grown-up choir boy look except for the tattoos that swirl above the neckline of his black hoodie.

My mouth is almost too dry to speak. I nod like an idiot and then croak out "Yeah, "

"You think people care about that?" He giggled.
He lifts his hand and pats my shoulder. "But if you think they do, then don't worry, I won't tell." He offered a soft chuckle.

He's tall, north of six feet I'd say and he must play some kind of sport or have a manual job. I toy with the idea of asking more to know him but stop myself short.

Joe faded away into the crowd. So did I.

The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle and my lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with my heartbeat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music. I liked this song.
Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. I couldn’t make out any words, but laughter rang in my ears and wouldn’t seem to stop. The song that was playing got louder, pulling me in and wouldn’t let go. I had no choice but to join the crowd, jumping in a huddled group like Tic-Tacs being shaken in a box. I was dancing like a drunk person, yet I don't drink.

Free endless drinks everywhere. Sometimes they’ll be on the floor to or when you first step out the car there’s normally beer bottles strewn about on the lawn.

There is really loud thumping music, usually the popular stuff of the time mixed with some old classics.
Mostly everyone is drunk/tipsy, with a few people in clusters sitting around outside either making out, dancing somewhere, drinking, or just talking.

The occasional drunk person may be stumbling around inside its normally hot and sticky and sometimes dark.
People may fake getting drunk and there will be girls taking their shirts off.

If the party has drug dealers and they’re dangerous people, they may be in a corner deep in the party or upstairs in a room.

"As usual, you're late, "
I turn around and it was not shockingly, Nicole.

She looked really good with that short black dress and red gloss. She can swipe any guy off his feet with this look.
"Hey, Vivian, enjoying your time?" Chris showed up out of the blue, holding two glasses of tequila in his hands.
He hands one for Nicole.
These two are a match made in heaven. Both kind and smart. They can't spend a minute without each other. I've never seen Nicole so happy with any guy before as she is now with Chris.
He brings out the best in her, and she loves him for that.

"Want one?" He asked me, raising his eyebrows.
"No thanks, I'm good, " I replied.
"Anyways, I already told you why I was late" I answered Nicole.

I couldn't spot Rosie anywhere.

"Where is Rosie anyway?" I queried.

Nicole looked at Chris for a second and traced her eyes back into mine, and said: "Where do you think?" She then paused for a second and started laughing.
She then proceeds with:  "She's upstairs having her own version of the party, with someone".

" This girl won't change, " I said as I facepalmed myself.

"Anyways, I need to go to the bathroom," I demand.

"No pressure," Nicole said.

I disappear into the crowd, As Nicole gets crazy on the dance floor with her man, Chris.

I head to the bathroom and locked the door.

The bathroom had an earthy feel. The walls were large format tiles of white honed travertine and the floor was made of dull brown tiles. The vanities were of dark wood and the counters were brilliant white quartz. There was no bath but instead a huge walk-in shower with two showerheads.

I stared at the large Diamond-shaped mirror. And gazed at my reflection in the mirror.

People always told me how pretty I was, but personally, I never believed it. If I was that pretty then why everyone I loved abandoned me? Why they all vanished from my life? 

Even though I had everything, I have the world under my hands, but it feels like I got nothing. I was empty on the inside.

Like one would say:
'Pretty on the outside and dead on the inside'.

My depression and anger just grew more every day, I hate that I can't get over my past, but how can I? I was young when that happened.
I missed my mom, I missed her face, her smile, I missed kissing her goodnight before bed, I missed my life with her, with my angle.

My eyes glimmered with watery tears and I felt as if the whole world was about to crumble. I dropped down on my knees and sobbed, the tears flooded like the waters rushing down from a waterfall and the only time I'd stop was to fill my lungs with fresh air.

I tried to mask my depression with my despicable behaviours. My tears with a bunch of tissues. That's how I got along with my sorrow. How about you?

I unlock the door. Take a few steps outside until I hear hazy chatter from the room next door.
I moved closer to the door.

"I love you, why don't you understand that, why can't you love me back?" A familiar voice sparked out.
"I loved you since middle school and I'll love you for life".
It's a similar girl's voice.

My curiosity got the best of me and to my luck, the door was slightly opened.

I seize the moment and snoop through the small opening.

My life flashed before my eyes by what I have just seen. I was stumped and in complete awe!

End of chapter 5...