Chapter Eight

OKAY IK IM GETTING SLOPPY WITH THE SCHEDULE BUT THIS CHAPTER BEEN READY I JUST FORGOT TO POST
-

I wasn't sure which woke me up first, the violent crash or the disgusting smell, but Jeff fell inside the room and slammed his back on the door.

"What in the world?" I rasped out in exhaustion. He dismissed me and stumbled to the bed collapsing on top of it. My stare was silent and it was quiet for the longest time, that was until a soft groan left my captor.

"You.." he drew out.

"What? What's wrong with you?"

I brought my legs up closer to me as a form of protection. I wasn't sure what was happening with him, but he reeked.

"And go take a shower man," my finger pinched my nose in disgust. "What is this horrid smell?"

"Shut up and help me get this off. I feel like I'm about to black out." He slithered over to me and raised his arms.

"Have you been wounded?" I questioned while slowly removing the dirtied hoodie from his body. He grunted and shimmied out the hoodie calculating a response.

"Nah I'm- I'm drunk."

"You're drunk?" I mused and raised my eyebrow at him.

"Shut up."

He snatched his hoodie from my grasp and threw it across the room. He wore a black tank top that was pretty fixed for his skinny build, his burned skin was flushing in a pink tint due to the blood pumping from the alcohol.

"What is this a strip show."

"No you idiot, move."

Jeff scooted under the cover and slung his arm around my waist making me tense up from the contact. I was too tired to let him have it so I swung my head to the left and stared.

"Everyone here is violent," I whispered. "But I'm not scared of you or the others, I just wonder to myself.. why you would kill my family; kill at all?"

"It's what I do." He nudged his head in my side awkwardly and sighed. "It's in the name, so stop thinking so much about it."

"It's my family fuckface," I spat at him.

"I burned my family alive along with the house, they all die in the end regardless."

I looked down at him to study his face but it was laying on my thigh completely. I grazed my finger on his hair.

"Do you feel remorse?"

"No." I stopped in minor shock and a chill went down my spine.

"Why not?"

"Stop asking so many questions, every mystery doesn't need to be solved."

Jeff sluggishly sat up to remove his top and threw it in no particular direction. He stayed like that momentarily and I got a good view of his scarred back.

"Your back," I cringed.

"I know."

"These cuts.."

"Okay?" He said in irritation. "EJ helps us out when we get hurt. Did you think we was immortal or some shit?"

"No, I just couldn't imagine." I defended.

"Just move over so I can- wait, why the fuck are you here?"

"Toby told me to sleep here."

"And you listened to that fucker?" His eyebrows furrowed. "Why would he said that."

"Does he kill too?"

"Everyone here is a killer dumbass."

"You're a- never mind."

I should've known Toby was a killer but a part of me wanted to believe he was good. Fuck, everybody here is a monster. I can't trust anyone, not LJ not Toby, not BEN either. Most definitely not Jeff.

Before I could even blink I felt Jeff snoring onto the mattress. I wasn't sure of what to do next, but what I did know is that he wasn't any nicer when he's sober.

I carefully carried my body out of the bed hearing the rusty springs clutch in agony. With surprisingly amazing stealth, I made it out the room and into the hallway tiptoeing up the stairs.

"Where you goin'?"

"Where is your shirt."

"My room." Toby shrugged taking the waffle out of his mouth. "You likey?"

"Anyways, where are you coming from?" I started walking back up the stairs and he followed besides me.

"Killing. Why aren't you in Jeffrey's room like I told you to be."

Killing.

I watched as he took another bite out of the waffle. "He was drunk so I left before he could wake up and kill me."

"Smart; didn't think about the him drinking possibility." He rubbed his chin.

"Why did you want me to sleep in there."

"For protection just in case somebody went mad and wanted to kill you, I'm sure they know where your room is."

"You really think they'll kill me?" I asked.

"You should be asking me if I would kill you," he husked in my ear.

"Stop that shit."

"You should stay in my room."

"Goodnight Toby." I reached my respective floor and strolled towards my door. Toby stayed put by the stairs and stopped being persistent with me, the fact that he knew when to stop flirting was almost admirable.

"Night (Y/N)," he smirked taking another bite out of the waffle and continued downstairs.