Introducing: The Stag and The Frog Part 2!

Part 2 of The Stag and The Frog is available in my profile if you want to follow the continued story of Gendry Baratheon and Meera Reed. Part2 is completed and I'm currently working on part 3.

And as a little teaser here is a bonus chapter of the morning after the wedding. It was previously put as a sneak peek in Part 2 but as it's not really important (it's cute though!) for the story I put it here instead.

Sneak Peek: The morning after

The door to the lord's bedroom flew open and Devan Seaworth entered. Hair on end as usual. Actually more than usual, as he hadn't got much sleep the night before and also still felt the effects of the wine he had drunk.

Yes, the door still didn't have a lock. There hadn't really been time to install a lock with the wedding being so rushed.

The sound of the door woke Gendry up. He carefully unlodged his arm from under his wife and sat up. Meera appeared to be a heavy sleeper. If she could sleep through Devan she could sleep through anything.

"Dev, what are you doing in here? You can't just barge in here anymore!" he snapped and threw a pillow at his friend.

"Sorry, Lord Baratheon... I forgot," Devan replied while sitting down on the couch that no one else sat on anymore. The pillow had apparently not made him realize his mistake.

Gendry quickly covered his still-sleeping wife with a blanket, to make sure his stupid friend didn't see more of her than he should.

"You forgot that I got married last night?" Gendry asked.

"I remembered that... I just kinda forgot that she would be in here I guess," Devan replied.

"Well, my wife is here... so can you maybe, like, leave?"

"I will... I just wanted to tell you that Ser Swann left early this morning to get the commoner soldiers for the battle. He should be back tomorrow and we can march towards the Neck then. And Lord Penrose is waiting for you in the Great Hall for the daily council meeting, he is kind of wondering why you are still asleep?"

"Maybe because I got married last night... no wonder the man is unmarried if he can't understand that. Tell him I'll be down there shortly."

Devan got up from the couch and started walking towards the door. Before leaving he turned around.

"Gendry..." he said. "I'm glad you're happy. You deserve it."

"Thanks, Dev," Gendry replied. "How do you know I'm happy though?"

"Well, you certainly look happy. And also... the whole castle kind of heard you two last night, it certainly sounded like you were enjoying yourselves..."

Devan gave Gendry a smile and then exited the room.

As soon as he had Gendry jumped up to find his pants on the floor, pulled them on and then walked up to the door. He found a nearby chair and put it under the handle, jamming it in place. Finally, the door was locked!

He walked back towards the bed where he could now see his wife moving under the blanket he had thrown on her.

"What is going on?" Meera asked, moving the blanket away from her face.

"Dev's just being an idiot... nothing new," Gendry replied.

"How did he get in?"

"The door... it doesn't have a lock."

"Why not?"

"Who knows... I need to ask Tyrek about that."

"Tyrek Lannister?"

"Yeah, he held the castle before me, he must have messed with the door. It should have a lock. I need to get on that eventually."

"You heard what happened to him, right?"

"Yeah, poor guy... he won't have it easy."

Meera wasn't too interested in discussing Tyrek Lannister further. She rather wanted to get her husband back in bed with her. She had heard that they weren't marching towards the Neck until the next day, which meant she and Gendry should have all day to do whatever they wanted.

"Why do you have pants on?" she asked. "Do you need to get up?"

"Apparently Lord Penrose is waiting for me downstairs for a council meeting... " her husband replied. "So I probably need to get dressed."

Gendry leaned in to kiss Meera, before trying to locate his shirt as well. It was probably somewhere on the floor.

As he kissed her she put her hands around his back and pulled him into the bed again. He didn't resist. They continued kissing. Everything started to tingle and vibrate again, just like it had the night before. Lord Penrose didn't feel that important anymore.

She put her hand down between his legs, caressing him over the fabric of his pants. He was already hard, the kissing had been enough to make that happen.

"I don't think you can go down and talk to Lord Penrose like this," she said. "It wouldn't look proper."

"Well, I think that's will be a constant problem going forward... I won't be proper very often with you around here."

"I guess I will have to constantly help you with that problem then. So you will be proper."

She pushed him down on the bed next to her and started to get his pants off again. Those pants sure didn't stay on for long.

"Lay down," she said. "I want to see if I can solve your problem by kissing you."

***

A few hours later Gendry finally walked down to the Great Hall to talk to Lord Penrose. Who was still waiting in the Great Hall. Around him were remnants from the wedding celebration the night before.

"I'm sorry, Lord Penrose. I was..." Gendry started.

"I know what you were doing, Lord Baratheon," Lord Penrose interrupted him. "Your new wife is quite loud you know... the whole castle knows what you were doing."

Gendry blushed and looked down at the floor.

"I don't blame you, Lord Baratheon. You're a young man and you're just married. Of course, you should enjoy it," Lord Penrose continued, suddenly with a smile on his lip. "And I will try to keep this as short as possible so you can get back to what you were doing. We just need to finalize some details for the battle to come."

Gendry nodded, he wanted to get back to his wife too.

His wife.

He had a wife now. It was still hard to believe. But it was true. And he would do anything for his wife.

And that's it! Follow the continued story in Part 1!