Chapter 2 - The Woman

Ok if the plot gets a bit confusing I'm sorry in advance, but like I try to find the part to make it work with the rest of the story, but's it's like trying to find a certain paragraph in about 1500+ words...

Wait, that's exactly what I'm doing. Facepalms and tries to think of a better metaphor.

Enjoy!

o<(-_-)>o ;-; o<(-_-)>o ;-; o<(-_-)>o ;-; :-)

A woman on the highest balcony on the statue of liberty stood gazing down at the big city. Wind blowing her hair in every direction, she'll have to brush it later.

It was past midnight, most people were either sleeping or going to their night jobs, not her. She sighed, seeing the lights flicker on and off of the apartment and cars go by.

Friday she would always come up here, he was quiet, was, since a lot of people started coming. She could feel their eyes on her. Being a bit timid, she dared not turn her head.

Stress and work would build up and watching everything pass by made her calm, it was one of the only ways she stayed sane with the amount of work she got. So much to do, every day, every hour, every minuter, and even every second.

Calming music started to play, the woman relaxed upon hearing part of one of her favourite songs. Until she realized it was her ringtone, and the ringtone that was playing was for important people to her.

She quickly picked up the phone, not wanting to delay the caller.

"Hello?" The person on the other end said.

"Hi Dad, what did you call for? Is there something wrong with the company? I'll be there in a min-"

"No no, it's nothing like that berry pie, I just wanted to tell you something." The man on the other end said, who was known as the woman's father.

Berry pie was a nickname for her, the dad called her this ever since she was a small child in his arms. It had become a usual name over the years and the woman thought nothing of it, even though it was strange to call his adult daughter, but in a father's heart, his daughter will always be his little girl, no matter the age.

"What." The woman said a bit concerned, things like this were never good news.

"I got you a present, though I don't know if you will appreciate it a lot."

"What did you do." The woman started panicking a bit.

"I got you a fiancee-"

The young woman immediately hung up the phone, no longer wanting to listen to the conversation. She didn't need someone in life, her friends and family were enough for her.

Ding

'It must be from him' she thought, walking to the elevator, she was referring to her dad, she sighed, relaxing was at the top of her list, but now it seems it magically marched its way to the bottom.

Arriving at the ground floor she slowly went to walk to a convenience store, since she hadn't eaten since noon and it was well past midnight.

Grabbing a ham and cheese croissant, she finally checked the message her father sent, she was a bit curious about how it happened, but concern engulfed curiosity completely:

Sorry, I know you're going to hate me, but your grandparents were pressuring me, and you know them, old fashion. Besides, they weren't going to give you the company if you didn't get married, I tried to defend you, but they make the final choice.

Don't worry about your mother, I'll tell her, I want you to take over the business, it is a passion of yours. But to do that you need to become a secretary to one of our friend's son.