• Chapter 1 •

Author's note: First I wanna say if you chose my book, thank you so much! And sorry this chapter is rather short. There are not too many Ukai fanfics out there so I decided to write one. Keishin needs more love *:゚*。⋆ฺ(*'◡'). 

It was the day of the practice match between Nekoma and Karasuno. The boys of Nekoma were all arriving at the gym to set up. Coach Nekomata was trying to figure out how he was going to break the news to the team. He wanted you to take over as head captain, old age was getting to him and he knew he wouldn't be able to coach these boys forever. He broke the news to Manabu first, explaining how he wanted you to take over. Manabu reassured him he was completely fine with staying in the assistant coach position. This eased some of the pressure from coach Nekomata, but he still wasn't too sure how the boys would react.

After some time, coach Nekomata received a call from Karasuno's advisor saying they were about halfway there. He figured now was a good time to tell the team the news.

"Alright team, gather up! I have some news to share with you." Yasufumi called out. At this time everyone from the team was there and were working on setting up nets, cleaning floors, and whatnot. They all stopped what they were doing and circled up around the coach. "I hope you all know that this was a tough decision for me to make, but it was going to happen eventually. Pretty soon I will be retiring."

Everyone's jaws dropped. They didn't really know what to say. Most of them had been through so much with coach Nekomata.

Kuroo sighed and spoke up first, "We understand sir. I was expecting this to happen someday, but I guess it still caught me off guard."

Coach Nekomata put a hand on Kuroo's shoulder. He could see right through him, he was staying calm and collected because he was team captain but he could tell he was feeling just as down as the rest of the team. Even Kenma was showing emotion. "Karasuno will be here soon, why don't you boys finish up around here? My replacement will be here around the same time as them, I'll give you boys a proper introduction of her then." He said with a smile before walking away.

This caught the attention of a certain mohawked male. Did he just say her?