FOUR

FALLEN HEART
( four. )

━ ❁ ━

ANGELINA HAD TO PRACTICALLY BEG John B to take her home after a few hours of the group hanging out. As much as she loved acting like a Pogue, there was no way she was going to a party with people dressed like a washed-up mermaid with legs.

After way too much begging and asking on her part, John B finally said 'no'.

"Come on, JB!" Angie groaned out in frustration. The boy looked at her expectantly, which made the girl share an irritated look with Pope and Kiara. They both held their hands up in a 'don't get me involved' motion. "Just drop me home, you don't have to pick me up or anything afterward."

John B rolled his eyes and grumbled under his breath, but finally said 'yes'.

Angie cheered excitedly, going as far as jumping in the air with her arms pumped up.

JJ, who was sitting idly behind John B preparing a few blunts - for tonight, Angie assumed - looked up at the sound of Angie's happy noises and watched her dance around for a little bit. He snapped out of his small daze. "Wait, what's going on?"

"I'm taking Angie home," John B grumbled in fake annoyance. The blonde girl grinned at JJ and allowed John B to lightly take her arm and lead her to his car.

"Thank you, I love you," Angie said quickly, side-hugging the boy. He wasn't really mad, thankfully, so he hugged her back. Angie quickly slipped into the passenger seat and waited for him to get in as well.

"You're lucky you don't live far, Angie," John B stated, starting up the car. The blonde rolled her eyes and popped her feet up on the dashboard, much to the boy's dismay. "So, why are you fucked?" he asked her nonchalantly.

Angie choked on her saliva. "Excuse me?"

"Well, you told Kiara that you were, and I quote, 'fucked'," he reminded her. "So I've come up with three possible solutions as to why you may be fucked," he told her. Angie nodded at him to continue, genuinely curious as to what he had to say. "Either, you have a secret kid, but I doubt that it's that one because I never got the 'You're a Godfather' phone call," Angie rolled her eyes. "Or you made plans before with your Kook friends that you have to cancel because you're coming to the party tonight, or, my favorite, you and JJ got into an argument, it got awkward, you two confessed your feelings and then it got even more awkward," John B finished.

Angie sat up in her seat. "What do you mean 'confessed'-"

"Oops, we're here," John B interjected. Angie scoffed as he drove up to her driveway and put the car in park.

"Can you just answer my question, please?" she asked him. She threw the puppy-dog eyes in, too. That tended to work.

"Um," John B pretended to think for a moment. "No." he deadpanned. "Now get out."

Angie glared at him as she unbuckled her seat belt and opened the door.

"See you at the party, Angie!" he called out to her once she got out of the car. She stuck him the middle finger as he drove off and walked up to her front door to open it.

"Home sweet home," she muttered to herself as she walked through her empty house.

It was quite large for a family of three — actually, it was quite large in general. But she had two successful parents that liked others to know how successful they were, and they proved that with their exceptionally large house.