SIX

APPLE JUICE!
( six. )

ABOARD THE HMS POGUE, JJ and John B set off on a journey to collect their friends for a day of fishing.

"Can I ask you a question?" JJ asked John B as they left the docks. John B nodded. "So, like, I don't really remember much of the other day..." he trailed off, unsure of what to say. "But, like, Angel, I mean Angie, didn't stay the night and I'm kind of confused," he said, hoping his best friend didn't catch his slip up.

And it was true, JJ woke up the morning after the party hung over — so hung over he didn't remember much from the night before. But there was a girl fast asleep beside him, which sparked up a little deja vu. Only, the girl wasn't Angie.

"Um," John B laughed awkwardly. "You think her not staying over has something to do with you?" he asked. His eyes widened slightly at a thought - that would explain Angie's tear-stricken face.

JJ nodded seriously. "I remember talking to her, man, but I don't know what I said to her. You know how I get when I'm drunk," he said worriedly. He was afraid he revealed his true feelings about Angie's year-long absence last night. If he did, man did he hope he just left it at that.

John B nodded in understanding. "All I know is I caught up with her when she left and she told me she was heading over to Serena's house," he recalled, contemplating whether or not to mention the tears.

"Serena West?" JJ asked in disbelief, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "Angie left a party to hang out with Serena?"

John B shrugged in fake-confusion, keeping his gaze locked on the water in front of him. JJ caught on quickly.

"What did I say to her, man?" he asked sadly, running a hand through his hair.

John B looked at him. "I really don't know," he said truthfully. JJ looked down, trying to remember the events of two nights ago and John B sighed at the sight. "But I do know that she was crying when she left."

JJ froze. "Shit," he muttered.

John B bit his lip worriedly, hoping his friend wouldn't get angry. "Listen, knowing Angie, she's already forgiven you, okay. Let's just forget anything even happened; because we don't even know what happened."

JJ nodded and changed the subject, hoping to distract his mind from coming up with possible ways the party went. "Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink. He doesn't have insurance," he said as they passed the docks.

"Yeah," John B agreed. "Hi, Miss Amy!" he called out, waving to the woman on the docks. "You guys get through it?"

"Still here," she called back, glancing over at JJ for a moment before focusing on what she was doing.

"She totally looked at me," JJ noted, feeling a lot better than he was before.

"I saw it." John B replied. They were getting closer to Heyward's now. "Dude, look at this place," John B said, motioning to the all the wreck.

JJ whistled. "Agatha, what did you do?"

"She is a crazy lady," John B joked.