FIFTEEN

trigger warning! mentions of attempted rape and abuse.
the scene will have a ••• before it starts and ••• when it ends.
please read those parts at your own discretion.

ALWAYS YOU
( fifteen. )

"THAT BREAD HAD MOLD on it three days ago," Pope informed JJ, watching in disgust as the blond spread peanut butter on a slice.

Angie grimaced and hopped down from the counter she was sitting on to move away from the sight.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts," JJ reasoned, watching as Angie walked away. He tried to ignore the bubble of disappointment in his chest and said, "Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism."

Angie furrowed her eyebrows and swiveled on her heel to look at JJ. "That's not how that works," she giggled.

JJ made a mocking face. "I apologize, princess, for not being as freakishly smart as you," he drawled out, a spark of amusement flashing behind his blue eyes.

Angie scoffed jokingly and stuck out her middle finger in the blond's direction, turning yet again to the rest of her friends.

"JJ!" Kie called, trying to get the boy over to them quicker.

"Yup, yup, yup!" JJ ran toward the group, the moldy sandwich in his hands. "Hot damn! Let's do it."

He took a bite–

And then spit it out.

Angie had to cover her mouth with both her hands to muffle her laughter.

But then she noticed the tone in the room and instantly sobered up.

She watched in curiosity as John B unfolded the map that was previously in the FedEx envelope, a determined look plastered on his face. "Holy shit," he muttered.

Instantly intrigued, Angie moved closer to her friend and peered over his shoulder to get a look. It was a simple map of the Outer Banks, but what caught her attention was the markings and notes that hurdled around a specific corner.

"X marks the spot," Pope noted, pointing to where Angie was looking.

"Longitude, latitude," John B read aloud. "Wait, there's somethin' else there," he said, ruffling the map around to reach back in to the FedEx envelope.

John B stared at the object in amazement.

"What's that?" JJ asked, looking at Angie.

"It's a tape recorder," she grinned lightly, finding amusement that JJ had no clue what that was.

John B clicked a button and the recorder flashed a red light. And before anyone knew it, they heard a voice they never expected to hear ever again.

Big John.

"Dear Bird," it started.

"Who's bird?" JJ asked.