Chapter 2

I scrunched myself closer to Bella, eyes glaring up at her when she squealed in my ear. The sharp noise lingering in my ear. Walking side by side, I stared up the the building, watching as people rushed inside with either excitement or desperation to run away from the cold. Two tickets to watch infinity war was all it took for me to come, shuffling on my feet, I nervously looked around. I'm never the one to go out, Bella on the other hand, enjoyed social interaction, while I, stutter like a maniac when spoken to.

          Tugging my jacket closer, my eyes glanced to those around me, students wearing crimson and gold, smiles plastered on their face, full of excitement. Denver University was playing their biggest rival, Regis University. My eyes focused on my best friend. I sighed, I couldn't let my anxiousness ruin her good mood, my heart warmed seeing her excitement. Her hair tied up, wearing a crimson tube top and a golden skirt with a thin jacket covering her. I still questioned how she wasn't freezing. "Hoes don't get cold Willy!" she kept telling me. She received heated looks from frat boys seated near by. I blushed as a group of guys turned around, quickly gazing at her before snapping away as she scowled at them. She is beautiful of course, long slender legs, tanned skin, bright hazel eyes with long black hair, she could easily pass off popular. I quietly giggled at the thought, she despised the whole jock-cheerleader group, and anyone who thought they were superior than anyone. People always were confused to why she hung out with a nobody like me. My generosity tugged her heart, we became inseparable when I offered help without anything in return. My thoughts slowly drifted away as her tight grip pulled me behind her, tugging me to the door, dodging the scrambling students.

           Walking into the stadium, my mouth gaped open. My eyes trailing around the big arena. There were over hundreds of people at the game. My eyes snapped to our side and then the opponents. Girls screamed in excitement, majority of them had number 10 painted on their cheeks. My eyebrow raised. Huh. Wonder who's number 10.

           A sharp grip tugged me forward, snapping me out of my thoughts, "HURRY I FOUND SEATS LETS GO WILLY!" Bells exclaimed, rushing behind her, we quickly got seated. Bella laughed at the sight of two girls who were also rushing to the seat we took, their faces turned into scowles, noticing the seats were now occupied. I smiled apologetically as Bella hollered. Rolling their eyes, they treaded away.

        The arena got louder, I scrunched down at the loud noise, people were screaming left to right as the court filled up with players. Joy filled their faces as they lifted up from their seats, pulling up posters, fists pumping in the air as music blared through the speakers. I watched as players ran out a small tunnel. My eyes focused on them, their faces suddenly became recognizable as I remember watching them in the halls and serving them at the Cafe. Their faces were plastered with smiles, slapping each others backs as they took a ball one by one, dribbling, running, or shooting at the hoop.

        My breath hitched when I saw an all too familiar face run down the court with a ball in his hand.

              I slowly sat up as I observed him. I don't know why, but he intrigued me.

          As I thought the screams couldn't get any louder, there was a huge roar when he came into view. Wearing a white jersey with the number 10 plastered at the front and back. I slowly glanced around me, frowning, noticing his number was written on people's faces, their gazes love-struck, staring at him. It tugged at my heart. I squinted noticing a name was written by the numbers. "Asher Williams." My heart fluttered at the name. Glancing back to him, I noticed "Williams," was written on the back on his jersey.

        The game lasted for almost two hours. Standing on my feet, clutching Bella's arm. We stood on our feet just like everyone around us, anticipating. The score board read "68-66," I watched as Asher and a few other people on our team, blocking the other team from shooting. A loud roar echoed the arena when Asher suddenly stole the ball. I flinched as Bella's nails dug deeper in my arm. The whole arena watched as Asher dribbled the ball down the court, I could hear the sharp intake of breaths from the students around me, they sat up, edging to their seat watching closely. Everyone watched as Asher ran up, hands slamming down on the rim, making the shot as the buzzer around us echoed.