Chapter 6

I let out a faint sigh as I set my pen down by the small litter of notes in front of me. Straightening out my posture, I let out a sigh of relief, listening to my joints pop back into place. Sitting in the library for almost three hours, I glanced around me to observe the stressed-out students around me. With finals and winterbreak coming up, students spent their time camped up in the library, studying and getting their work done. I was glad I didn't wait until last minute to complete and turn in my work.

Adjusting the glasses on to the tip of my nose, I slowly gathered all of my materials. I lifted up my bag off the ground, grabbing the folders sitting within, I placed my papers in the folder before grabbing my pens and putting them into my pouch. Setting my bag down, I grabbed my book on Pharmacology sitting on the ground, laying it out in front me on the now clean surface. I sighed, glancing at my watch. It was 5:37pm. My eyes shifted to the window, it was already dark. I figured i'd get home at 6pm, just in time to catch up on my show and take a small break for myself before heading to work.

My eyes scanned the page, gathering and enclosing the information. A loud bang interrupted the silence in the quiet room.

The room was soon filled with whispers. I glanced around, staring at everyone who turned to their friends, whispering loudly, while looking at the entrance. I wasn't very interested into what was going on. I just needed to take time away to focus on pharmaceutical terms but of course, only the quietest place would be full on distraction.

Still in thought, I didn't notice the whispers die down. Picking my head up from my palm, I turned to the right. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Noticing eyes were on me, I felt myself shifting up from my seat. Turning my eyes away from the crowd, I looked ahead, to lock eyes with familiar eyes. Feeling myself freeze.

Stormy eyes.

Breaking eye contact, I glanced down at my lap before muttering a quiet "Hi." I figured i'd rather say something than stare at him like an absolute fool.

Hearing shuffling, I watched as a strong arm stretched outwards, palm leaning on to the table. Thick veins sprouted up and down the arms like long roots on a tree. Hearing a quiet chuckle, I quickly snapped my gaze downwards, feeling myself turn bright red.

"Hey." My eyes widened hearing how deep his voice was. I glanced up to him, giving him a small smile. My eyes roamed his face. I'd never get tired of looking at him.

"Can I sit here?" His chest quietly rumbled out. I muttered a quiet "Sure" before looking away. Feeling eyes on me, I turned to look around the room. I felt my face turn sheet white as I noticed all eyes were on us. Feeling anxious, I started shifting in my seat. If it was as he noticed my distraught, he quickly took my attention away by talking about our group project.

"So, did you complete your part?" He asked. My eyebrow rose, I wonder why he's trying to start a conversation. "Um.. yes-s.. I actually-y finished my-y whole-e part-t." I stuttered out. I cursed at myself in my head for having a stutter in times like this. I watched as his eyebrows rose. "The project isn't due till the end of the semester." He said shockingly. The semester ends in two months. I shrugged my shoulders, turning red. "I like-e to finish-h my work." I whispered out, embarrassed.

Noticing his lack of response, I focused my gaze down to my book, continuing to read. I couldn't focus with his presence next to me. Something about him was alluring. Was it the way he looked today? I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. He was dressed warmly for the cold.

A thick white beanie laid on his head, covering his beautiful curls, allowing a few pieces of hair to escape. My eyes trailed to his face. I watched as he licked his thick plump lips, his eyes casted downwards, as if he was lost in thought. His jaw covered with a slight scruff, it looked shaved. His lashes were so thick, it made me slightly envious. He was wearing a thick black Northface on top of his white hoodie. He wore grey nike sweats with some fancy shoes I wasn't familiar with.

Lost in thought while gazing at him, I didn't notice he was staring at me with a small smirk plastered on his face. My breath hitched, I already knew I looked like a tomato with the blush I was sprouting . My eyes snapped away with a speed of light. I turned even more red when I heard him let out a quiet chuckle.

He laid both arms on the table, resting his head on top of them. "Are you coming to the game tonight?" He asked quietly. I focused my gaze to him. He was staring at me, his eyes keeping me in a trance.

"Um.. i'm-m not-t sure-e." I whispered out. Any event involving a huge mass of people wasn't typically my scene, I would always be forced to go to events with Bella because she didn't have many friends, but when i'm lucky, she would go with her friend Chelsey and Hannah. I'd rather sit at home, catching up on Gossip Girl, than ever go out.

Every Friday, a game is held at home. Everyone would always attend, last year we almost made playoffs, this year, we've had an on-going winning streak. Because of Asher, i'm guessing we would actually make playoffs.

I watched as his expression fell, shoulders falling. My heart tugged, feeling slightly bad by his reaction, I felt the need to soothe him. "I-I mean I could-d see? I am-m working-g today." I stuttered out. I watched his expression turn from dim to relief. I felt my heart skip a beat.

           I jumped, hearing another bang, I turned to look at the entrance this time, preparing myself for anymore surprises. My eyes squinted, staring, before realizing i've seen the familiar faces always with Asher.

        I watched as Asher turned around, facing the entrance. His face, rid of any emotion. He let out a small sigh, getting up from his seat. My eyebrow rose in question to his reaction, but chose not to mention it. It wasn't my place to ask.

         He turned to look at me, "I hope to see you there tonight" he quietly muttered with a small smile. I watched as he walked to the entrance where his friends stood, laughing and goofing around.

            My heart stopped, his smile was engraved in my head. I watched as he pushed open the doors, all eyes were directed to him. Like an Alpha, he walked with dominance, no emotion on his face. I watched as he pushed open the door, as his friends followed behind him like lost puppies.

         My eyes snapped away, letting a small smile slip to my face, his smile was so beautiful. I looked around the room, noticing the shocked and envious looks of my peers. I quickly let my smile slip, before gathering everything swiftly in my hands, walking to the front door.

       I embraced myself for the cold air, before pushing open the door. I glanced at my watch, reading exactly 6pm. Sighing, I continued my journey home to prepare myself for work.

          Smiling, I walked along the snowy path with his smile engraved in my head, that tugged my heart.

A/N

Chapter 7 will pick up from here! I just wanted to give an update, I genuinely didn't expect this many views.. Starting out with only 40 views, I am not close to 1k. Thank you all for your patience! I have midterms this week but I will be uploading chapter 7! I hate cliffhangers and I am very excited for your reaction to the next chapter!! Stay tuned for something very exciting.

Please mind any mistakes! I'll be mixing any grammatical errors.