Chapter 5

I felt my heartbeat thumping loudly under my fingertips as I sat down on the cold kitchen floor with my hands cupped to my chest. The faint sound of the clock ticking echoed faintly in the quiet room. I tucked my knees to my chest before sighing loudly, feeling ashamed and embarrassed by what just happened. I still feel my skin prickling from when he caught me. The thought of him ignited a fire in my abdomen. I slowly cringed at the thought of me falling into his arms and how everything would go in class when I see him next time. That was so humiliating.

I felt a frown form on my face as I stared down at my beat up converses, hearing shoes shuffling from the corner, my eyes slowly trailed from my feet to bright white shoes that appeared in front of me. I watched with low eyes as Bella sighed before sliding down on the ground with me. She handed me a water bottle before leaning her head back on the wall behind us, staring at me with sympathy.

"Go home, it's okay, i'll cover for you today love." She whispered to me. I glanced over to her, staring at her for a while before sighing, knowing she would put up a fight if I didn't. I nodded slowly, muttering out a quiet "Alright." I slowly got up from my knees and onto my feet. I turned around and stuck my hand out for Bella to grab it. Lifting her up from her feet, I watched as she dusted herself off, before leading me to the closet.

Sliding my arms into my thick black coat, I listened to Bella ramble about how I needed to be careful walking home because the pavement may be slippery.

    "Come on, I'll walk you out." She quietly muttered. I grabbed my white beanie from the hook, sliding it onto my thick locks, before sipping up my jacket and walking out behind Bella. She bent down slightly to peck me on my check before ushering me away.

Stepping out of the warmth, I felt the cold hit me like a huge wave. I nuzzled my face deeper into my jacket before starting my journey home. I watched my feet shuffle on the snow, leaving footprints imprinted to the ground. Hearing the bells ringing in the distance and children's laughter, I sighed in content at the feeling of the Holidays. Lost in thought, I glanced up at the small but large building I stayed in. How the building was layered in thick coats of snow, blanketing the building, holding the warmth inside.

           Walking up the stairs, I headed to my door. I reached into my pocket, grabbing my keys before unlocking the door. I took off my jacket, hanging it on the rack. Sighing, basking deeply in the comfort of my own home. I took off my shoes before treading to my room. Flickering the lights, I changed into some pajamas and warm fuzzy socks. I opened the curtains, smiling lightly when I took notice of the decorations and lights.

Loud clutter snapped me out of my gaze. Glancing to the sound of the laughter, I squinted down in front of the building. It was a group of boys, I watched as they all talked and laughed amongst one another. My eyes snapped to the figure that stood away from everyone, noticing how he was on his phone as everyone was harshly pushing one another. As they got closer, I took notice of the familiar faces. One particular face stuck out to me. Asher.

        I watched in a trance at how his large hand swept at his curls before falling down to grasp the small device in his hand. His face with no trace of emotion. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed his gaze snap away from his phone, I quickly tugged the curtains shut before rushing over to my bed.

        I closed my eyes and cringed at how bad everything went for me today. How humiliating it is that I fell into Ashers arms, we're already partnered for Human Anatomy, it's already awkward. I shivered at the thought of our next encounter and hoping it would not be as worse as it was today. Drifting off to sleep, I was hoping for a better day.

~~~

        I panicked rushing out the of the apartment building, I woke up late, realizing class started in 10 minutes, I quickly walked on the side walk and towards the campus.

         Eyes focused on the ground, I didn't take much notice of the large clutter in the hall. Not looking up ahead, I felt the air unwind in me as I walked into a brick wall.

        Squeezing my eyes shut, I waited for the impact of my body colliding with the ground. I waited for laughter to surround me, but I was met with strong arms. I slowly peaked out of one eye and glanced up, my mouth parting, I stared up in shock. Asher Williams piercing eyes stared down at me.

                 His curly hair fell above his face as he gazed down at me with his soft grey eyes. My eyes roamed his face, my breath got caught in my throat. He was so beautiful. With thick eyelashes, beautiful grey eyes that resembled to the storms, and a scruff covering his structured jaw, he could simply pass off as a model. I never realized how beautiful he was up close and personal.

             He steadied me up slowly, a small smirk slowly lifting to his face as his eyes remained blank. "You should watch where you're going, the second time? You might hurt yourself." he quietly muttered, before walking away.

            I quickly gathered myself together. Feeling my face flush, I glanced around me to find those roaming in the halls staring in shock. Hell, I was shocked too. Asher Williams didn't laugh at me, he caught me, he spoke to me, he made a joke to me.

I curled up in my jacket taking notice of the harsh glares thrown my way, envious looks given to me by both genders. I was curious to why, but I shrugged it off.

I gazed down at my feet, my eyes slowly trailed up from my shoes I suddenly found so interesting, to Ashers muscular back. Standing at 6'6, he towered over everyone in the halls.

My eyes quickly snapped back down when he turned his head and glanced at me once more before walking back to his group as they stared at him in shock as well as everyone around me.

             My face flushing once again, I turned around swiftly, walking to my lecture. Replaying his voice in my head. My heart fluttered at the small encounter. I shook off the feeling, continuing my journey with red cheeks full of embarrassment. I couldn't believe I bumped into him twice already. My eyebrows furrowed as I thought about how many times i've seen him the past week.

              Little did anyone know, Asher was leaned up against the wall, arms crossed, watching the small figure who was lost in thought, rush to his class as his "friends" asked why he acknowledged someone like Wilson, ignoring everyone around him, his lips quirked into something that looked as a smile, before lifting his bag up to his shoulders and walking away, ignoring everyone around him.

A/N
Im so sorry for the wait, this chapter is not my best best but i'm so excited for chapter 6! This is where things go uphill, you'll be surprised!!
(I've been so busy with school, I currently have to pay out of pocket for my education so sis has been working almost everyday, I set up a schedule to when I should start writing again and let's just say, it's very frequent.)