Chapter 4

Chapter 4

".. Asher, Asher Williams."

I stiffened up, hearing the smooth husk in his deep voice, feeling my body react to his voice, my eyes trailed down to my arms where goosebumps were sprouting up, I quickly rubbed my arms up and down before nodding stupidly and grabbing the pencil in front of me. I leaned down, grabbing a text book on the bone structure within the human body alongside of multicolored highlights from my bag before settling my materials down on my desk in an orderly pattern.

            Feeling eyes on me, I slowly glanced out of the corner of my eye. Grey eyes burning through my face, I watched as his eyes trailed along my face before stopping at my lips. Quickly licking them before biting down nervously, I felt blush coming. Hearing his breath hitch, I ducked my head down before quietly grabbing his attention when I spoke.

"Um.. I think-k this part-t should b-be split-t into half.. you can do half and I-I can do the o-other.. or I can-n do the work-k if you-u don't want-t to!" I stammered out, feeling my face flush. I hoped he didn't make me do all the work, not that I didn't mind, but sometimes it gets hard to work on something by myself when i'm crowded with much things to do.

           I slowly turned to him when I was met with silence, I fell into trance when my eyes landed on his face. Seeing the definition in his facial features, his plump pink lips.I realized how hard I was staring, I grimaced at the thought of me looking so foolish, zoning out, staring at him, before coughing and pushing my glasses up from my nose.

I was met with silence, once again. I turned my head, I watched his expression along with his posture rig up, he shrugged his shoulders carelessly before turning to his desk, grabbing a sheet of paper, while jotting down what I presumed was his part of the work. I watched him for a minute or two, before turning back to my paper. We sat there working in silence. I quickly glanced at him, wondering why he was so stiff, before glancing back down at my paper and continuing my part.

The bell rung loudly shocking everyone around them, I felt a presence beside me get up. I watched under my lashes on how everyone turned subconsciously to gaze at the noticeable man. He walked to the door, as if it was like he felt my stare, he turned his head to glance at me, before turning to his way. I shook the feeling of his eyes on me, heaving out a long breath. My breath would always get caught when those stormy eyes locked gaze with mine. I slowly lifted my head up and glanced at my wrist where my watch was placed. I smiled knowing it was my last class of the day before work with Bells.

             The door at Aunt Mays café swung open, allowing the cold air to take over the warmth within the cafe. I shivered before turning my gaze to the door. Loud clutter took over the cozy atmosphere. I watched as everyone walked to the booth while one figure took his time walking. There he was, again. Asher Williams standing in plain sight.

            I turned my back to him as I continued sweeping the ground, hoping I would go unnoticed. Glancing down, I noticed I was done, my eyes still locked to the ground, thoughts swirling through my head, I turned around swiftly, not noticing the large figure behind me. My breath caught in my throat as I felt myself falling, closing my eyes shut, I waited for the harsh impact. Strong arms eloped my figure, steadying me up slowly. I slowly peeled my eyes open.

Stormy eyes.

~~~~

         I quickly tugged at my hoodie while glancing at Chase and everyone around us, before sighing when I saw an all too familiar bakery come into view. I knew the small baker would be working today, I just didn't know how to catch his attention. A frown formed on my face when I thought of how he grimaced when he stared at my face. For a split second, I was happy I got his attention like everyone else, but my pride was slowly crushed when I noticed the harsh gaze on his beautiful face. My heart felt crushed when I noticed the look on his angelic face. Not a lot of people like me, that never bothered me anyway, but seeing this angel, being disturbed by me? It made me feel something I haven't felt in years.

Fire.

           Beautiful he was indeed. Standing short, wavy locks covering his head, bouncing around when he walked, hips naturally swaying. Thick frames covering his forest like eyes. I sighed again. I never thought i'd sit around and think of anyone in a romantic manner, but here I am, my mind twirling with thoughts on him.

          I thought back to this morning in class, how he stumbled in the class late, the anger and anguish I felt when the professor lectured him for his tardiness. I remember holding myself back, curling my fist, thinking of how shy and dreadful he looked. My heart clenched at that sight.

I felt the need to protect him from any harm or suffering directed towards him.

         My thoughts slowly trailed away when I walked in the small bakery, the smell of cupcakes flooded my nose, I let a small smile slip at the smell of sweetness and familiarity. My thoughts quickly left when the door slammed loudly when Chase bumped into it when Declan pushed him. I watched with an eyebrow raised before sighing and looking around the room, searching for specific short curvy baker.

            My spirit rose when he came into view, butterflies erupted at the pit of my stomach as I observed his short frame. My eyes trailed up and down his small figure, I felt the need to awe when I noticed his pink apron, before my eyes nestled to his backside when I saw him turned away. I felt my desire slowly seeping through before igniting into flames.

          I was having a mental debate on either going up to him or not take any notice to him. I glanced around me, watching my teammates in their own world before frowning slightly. There's no way they would ever stop bothering me if I went up to him. I barely spoke to anyone except Chase, I never had the urge to. But Wilson was a different story. If I spoke to him, they would think i'm easy to talk to, but in reality, I just tolerate them for basketball. I have no desire to interact with those who simply have no benefit to me.

          Feeling myself lost in thought, I didn't notice my feet walking to his direction before stopping behind him. I watched as he bump into me before tumbling down. My arms sprung out quickly, catching him before he fell to the ground. I felt my arms tightened feeling his light frame. I wanted nothing more to hold him close to me, nothing more than locking him away and keeping him to myself.

         It was hard, but I slowly steadied him up, his pale skin turning red. Eyes locking, the butterflies erupted again. Feeling myself turn rigid, I stared deep into his green eyes. "Hey, you okay?" I found myself asking in a deep low voice.

         "I-m okay-y. Thank-k you-u" He whispered, flushing even more red. Before I could utter another word, a girl ran up to him, hugging him into her chest. I felt myself heat up. Envy. I felt jealous that he was in her arms and not in mine. My body craved to feel his small figure in my chest. I watched with heated eyes as he glanced back at me, before rushing away to the kitchen. A cough interrupted my thoughts when I noticed it was the same girl who spoke to Chase the other night. My eyebrow rose when she gave me a glare before rushing after the small boy.

        I sighed leaning against the window seat at the booth as everyone talked amongst themselves. My eyes kept trailing back to the front, hoping to see the smaller boy again. Feeling everyone stand up, I sighed, I grabbed my phone, tucking it in my pocket, before pulling my hoodie over my curls and walking out by Chase. Opening the door to leave the store, I glanced back once more in hopes to see him, for a split second, I locked eyes with green. Before I could even blinked, he was gone.

A/N
Hey loves, don't hate me, it's been the worst month of my life. I needed a mental break. On the bright side, I graduated! I'll be back to updating very soon! Xoxo.