Chapter 8

Ashers POV

Game night

            I felt the sweat dripping on the side of my face as my focus gazed out towards the player in front of me, my arms sprawled out, trying to distract him. I watched as his eyes turned to the right, but I already knew what he was going to do. He ducked his arms to the left, regret filling his features as he watched as I slapped the ball before grasping it in my embrace. Running down the court, I jumped up, my hands slamming the railing of the hoop as the ball bounced below my feet. Screams erupted through the crowd as I wiped my sweat off my head, jogging to the bench as the referee called an intermission.

          My eyes drifted towards the audience, eyes skimming through faces, trying to spot an all too familiar face. I felt a frown form as I noticed a particular absence. Hearing the buzzer, I stretched quickly before running back to the court. Hearing a whistle, I turned to look at Chase as his eyes widened glancing around. "Damn, it's packed more than usual innit?" He said out of breath, smiling, basking in the attention. I let a smile slip, watching my only friend in his true form, goofy and still so humble. The other team players become assholes when they get a lot of attention, that's why I distance myself from them.

       The buzzer echoed through the stadium as claps began to fill the court when everyone got in their positions. My eyes trailed to the score board "101-101 and 00:10 seconds." I read under my breath. If we win this game, we make it to states. This has to be the longest game by far, but we were playing another competitive college from a couple cities down. Not only would we make states, we would have ultimate bragging rights. My eyes snapped when the ball hit the court, my focus going once back to the game. I ran down the court, blocking the guy behind me, as I watched Chase run down with the ball. I caught his eye, seeing the glimmer, I knew he would pass the ball to me.

          As if the guy behind me read our thoughts, I felt a big force hit the side of my face. I realized he elbowed my nose. I grabbed my nose, seeing the blood on my fingers, as the ref called an intermission. I saw Chase laughing under his breath as I smiled behind my hand that dramatically covered my nose. The other player fouled, there was 3 seconds left in the game. Making the free throws, I can easily win and secure the game. I watched as the other player walked to the bench as the referees discussed the issue. "Nice acting, I almost actually thought you were hurt" I heard Chase whisper to me as he walked up to me to "check on me." I started laughing. "Nah man, we're gonna win this, I had to do it."

              Standing on the free throw line in front of the rim, I bounced the ball twice. I blocked out the screams of our rivals as I focused my gaze to the rim. As if it was in slow motion, my hand curled as the ball flew and landed in the rim. Screams erupted on our side as our rivals were booing. I started smiling glancing to our side, my eyes gazed out, watching the crowd as the refs discussed another free throw. My breath hitched as my eyes locked with very familiar eyes.

He came.

            My blood was flowing through my body like electricity, he actually came. I snapped out of my gaze when the ref blew the whistle, the piercing whistle cutting my focus on him. I turned around, catching the ball when the ref threw it my way, bouncing it twice. I felt his eyes on me. Knowing I couldn't miss it, I bounced it twice more before throwing the ball. I watched as the ball circled the rim before slowly falling in. A smile erupted on my face as everyone from my team ran down to the court, jumping and slapping my back. I pushed aside, looking through the crowd.

           I couldn't find him through the crowd of people jumping up and down the bleachers, I let out a small sigh. My mood slowly faltered, I was looking forward to seeing him squirm as I spoke to him. I slowly lifted my hand up and waved at the crowd, hearing the screams chime even louder as I ran to the direction of the locker room.

          Quickly changing, I toned out the sound of the guys coming up and slapping me on my back and congratulating me. I wanted to leave as soon as possible, I'm exhausted. Throwing on my black hoodie, I ruffled up my curls before sliding on a white beanie. I grabbed my duffel bag before heading out the door. I pulled out my phone to check the time, not noticing the small figure looking at the paintings hung by the door, I rammed into him.

        I watched as he was about to hit the ground, knowing I would kill him with my weight, I swiftly turned us around, catching the fall. "We seriously need to stop meeting like this" I quietly laughed, a smirk lifting to my face as Wilson's face turned bright red, his eyes wide. My body slowly relaxed itself, knowing I finally got him all to myself. The smirk slowly turned into a small smile as I noticed he didn't have his glasses on, I got a clear view of his beautiful eyes. "Yea, we really do."

A/N
Hey loves! A small POV on Asher, I'll be posting Wilson's POV this week! I guess you can say I prewrote some chapters and let's just say this book will contain a LOT of chapters so be prepared! Knowing I will be having a lot of chapters is motivating me to write more!
I also wanna thank my new readers for being patient. These past couple of months have been so hard but i'm slowly getting back to myself. I love you all.

Please don't forget to vote or comment.
I will be editing this chapter later on.