Chapter 3:

Harry stared at the tedious argument Weasley was having with Malfoy.

Harry truly had no choice in walking next to Ron, especially since the red head had practically thrown himself into the seat next to his during Divination trying desperately to make up a load of bogus for Trewalney to hear. It was when they'd gotten to the Great Hall when Harry's horrible day got even worse, Malfoy approaching them with the Daily Prophet in hand, beginning to spout insults about Arthur Weasley and his mistakes on the job, before moving on to insulting Molly's weight.

"Get stuffed, Malfoy!" Ron roared, face as red as his hair, fury overcoming his senses and whatever little common sense he had. "What about your mum, eh, Malfoy? Face looking like she's got dung under her face. She always looked like that, or did it start when you were born?!"

"DON'T YOU DARE INSULT MY MOTHER, WEASLEY!"

"KEEP YOUR FAT MOUTH SHUT, THEN!"

Harry was getting a migraine from all this.

"HARRY, BACK ME UP HERE!" Ron demanded, and Harry shot him a 'are you fucking serious' look, eyes narrowed.

"...What?"

"Come on then, mate!" Ron urged him, clearly expecting Harry to be his right hand man in this stupid argument. "You've been acting strange since summer ended!"

Harry looked at Ron's face, his freckled skin showing not the slightest sign of sarcasm. Weasley was being completely serious. "I—I'm going to eat lunch and ignore you both now."

"What, Potter?" Malfoy sneered down at him. "Scared?"

"Malfoy, Weasley, I will fill this spoon up with chilli powder, shove it down your throat and hold it up to the roof of your mouth until you suffocate a painful existence. Both of you, get the fuck out of my face."

Harry felt the killing intent almost immediately, unsheathing his wand about to fight back when there was a loud BANG which then turned Draco Malfoy into the frantic white ferret sitting before him right then and there. "...what?"

"OH NO YOU DON'T LADDIE!"

Everyone in the Hall spun to see Mad Eye Moody shoving his way through to them and turning to Harry with that suspicious fake eye. "Did he get you," Moody growled, his voice deep and rasped.

"No, Harry replied, looking at his face and trying to understand what was going on Moody's brain. "Missed."

All of a sudden, Moody was yelling curses and using a levitation charm to bounce around the area like some sort of voodoo magic, making the transmogrified student zip through the air (which, if contemplated, seemed a bit much for a petty verbal squabble, wasn't it?

Harry only watched with fascination Ferret Malfoy's every Ferret expression. He seemed to be close to tears and he had desperation in his eyes. He resisted the urge to smile at Malfoy's suffering. It was all cut short by McGonagall appearing and scolding Moody for using Transfiguration on students as punishment, all whilst undoing Malfoy's.

The usual gelled back hair was now in a mess, his cheeks flushed pink and his legs weak and shaking a little. His Malfoy pride was obviously keeping him from openly crying or collapsing in front of an audience, but he was clearly weakened by the ordeal, and felt humiliated and wronged, mumbling something under his breath along the lines of 'my father'

Harry decided he did not want to take any more part of this garbage soap opera and went to ignore them and eat with Hermione and the Weasley twins inside, Ron getting upset, spouting complaints about Harry leaving him and ruining the best moment of his life: 'Malfoy the bouncing ferret'

Rather than the funny novelty joke that Ron saw, Harry knew what transpired before their eyes had been a power play between Moody and the suspected Death Eaters.

Though Moody was still suspicious in Harry's eyes... He seemed like he'd be a good teacher for them all.

~Timeskip~

Their first class with Moody happened on Thursday, and they were all looking forward to the class. How could they not? Anyone they knew who had had DADA with Moody prior would sing praises of the class and the teachers itself.

"–You're behind - very behind - on dealing with curses."

Harry felt a little poke from Hermione, and they exchanged a knowing look, smirking as Harry reminisced their summer and using the Cruciatus on Debbie. How memorable it had been, holding the gold-digging bitch under torture with the Addams until Pubert killed her.

Harry wanted to laugh as Moody started introducing one at a time the three Unforgivables, starting with the Imperius. There was a great satisfaction in watching the black, hairy spider be controlled by the crazy Professor and be forced to do things it didn't want to.

The next one was the Cruciatus, Harry's personal favourite of the three Unforgivables. The spider was again fell victim as a guinea pig for the class to see, now increased in size to show clearly to those in the back the tormented expression on the arachnid's face, it's eight eyes twitching and pincers stiff, eight legs looking like it would rather dig into its own flesh and kill itself than suffer any longer in the pain of the curse.

Visions of Debbie's screams and the blood dripping out of her nose shot through Harry's mind, and he leaned his head into his hands, trying to hide his maniacal grin. Next to him, Hermione was rolling her eyes at how difficult it was for Harry to hide his sadistic side.

"The Killing Curse."

That was what they ended with.

There was barely any commotion left once that curse was cast. After all, what could they say since they'd watched a death, offed by the spell which caused the deaths of James and Lily Potter, the 'unstoppable' curse that Harry survived that fateful night in Godric's Hollow on Halloween.

They spent the rest of the class taking notes on the three Unforgivables, and Harry resented the way almost everyone in the class looked to him ever so often, as if they were expecting him to either go on a rampage for Moody's insensitivity or cry in remembrance of his parents.

And well, let's say that Harry had never been more grateful for his correspondence with Wednesday. Who knew what would be suffering his wrath if not for the comfort of his Valkyrie's letter.

A/N: Hi guys, I'm so sorry this chapter is really short. I was having trouble writing this chapter since I didn't want to rush the crucial scenes like Draco the Bouncing Ferret and the Unforgivables Demonstration scene. Australia's lifting the Restrictions soon and school is going to start back up soon too. I hope you'll all still stay safe, happy and healthy.