26• THE PASSION OF LUCIFER

The wind blows harshly against the windows as Binx hisses, curling up beside Ivy.

"what?" she mumbles, blinking her eyes tiredly as black fur clouds her vision.

He hisses again, causing her to huff as she pulls herself out of bed.

"Thanks, now I'll never get to sleep" she shuffles into the bathroom, rolling her eyes as he follows her.

She sighs, splashing her face with water in the sink.

The room falls unnaturally silent, "Binx?" she furrows her brows.

Gazing into the mirror her blood runs cold as a figure steps from the shadows.

"Ivory" a dark whisper surrounds her as she takes a shaky breath.

"Dark Lord" it falls from her lips as a whisper, but he heard her none the less.

Her hands grip the side of the sink as he steps closer, hooves echoing against the bathroom floor.

"It is time for you to do my bidding" his voice fills the room in an eerie whisper.

Her eyes don't leave the mirror, his face, "Find someone else" she breathes.

He had an endless supply of faithful subjects, why choose her?

"You signed my book, Ivory" his hushed words send a chill down her spine and she shivers.

"You must do as i say".

A thousand questions swarm her mind, how do you tell satan no?

"Steal a book".

She snaps out of her daze, scoffing.

"Seriously?" she turns to an empty bathroom, sighing.

***

"Why am i here?" Ivy rolls her eyes as she stands beside Sabrina at rehearsal for the school play,

'the passion of Lucifer Morningstar'.

She didn't mind plays such as the tempest but one's praising the dark lord were where she drew the line.

"Do you have anything better to do?" Sabrina raises her brows and Ivy sighs in defeat.

Dorcas clears her throat, "why, lord, did you exile me from your kingdom?" she turns away dramatically as Nick goes over his own lines.

They were the leads, and it was already going horribly.

Sabrina shakes her head in pity, "Dorcas is a terrible actress".

Ivy nods, "well. you're the understudy, there's still hope yet" she jokes and Sabrina smiles.

Dorcas throws her head to the side, smiling at Ivy excitedly who gives a forced smile and a thumbs up.

Sabrina tilts her head as if talking to someone and Ivy watches her from the corner of her eye.

A dreadful feeling fills her chest but it's not her own emotions, they were Sabrina's.