4.0

( 🎵 Jeremy Zucker ft. Chelsea Cutler - Better Off, Birdy - Deep End )

The curtains flew as soon as Yunhee pushed the window open. It was warm but the light breeze certainly had a say itself. Fall's coming to knock on everyone's door soon and that would mean it has been almost three months since the lass came back to Seoul and it's approximately 3 more weeks till Eunbyul's first birthday.

The sun still ruled the sky with how bright it was. It could've done better that morning though. Yunhee carried the basket filled with clean clothes all the way to the balcony to hang it dry but with the amount of light the sun gave that day, she figured it'll take more than half a day for the job to be done.

Eunbyul was quietly sitting on her baby-chair when her mother finish hanging all their clothes and aunt Minju was busy making the three of them breakfast. The brown-haired girl glanced at the clock and her eyes immediately widened as she saw the time. If she didn't leave then, she would most likely be late for work which means her streak of punctuality would be broken once again. With hasty steps, she quickly ran back to her room to change and grab her bag once she was done.

"Your class starts at 1 today, right?" she quickly queried as she knock into Jiwon in the living room, "you don't have to take in the laundries before you go, it's probably not dried yet by then." She gave a quick kiss to her daughter who was then playing with her squishy toy and proceed to shout from outside the kitchen, "Aunt Minju, I'll be off!"

The old lady was about to shout back and notify her of the breakfast she shouldn't have missed but by the time the first word came out, Yunhee was already out the door. Her eyes was fixated on her phone screen as she tried to move her fingers to order herself a ride. And as if she was destined to be late that day, by the time she reached the lobby, her eyes landed on someone she didn't expect to see.

Her steps were halted and her feet was stuck to the ground as the person caught sight of her. "Mrs. Park, why are you-." Yunhee had expected this. She knew one day, they would meet once again and she'll once again have to try and keep her head up as much as she can when she face the woman. But she never expected it to happen so quickly.

"It's been a while, Yunhee," she greeted with a smile grazing her youthful face. The latter bowed slightly at the older, not wanting to seem disrespectful even when all she wanted to do then was bolt pass her so she could get to work on time.

"It has, how did you kno- Why are you here?" the younger questioned, not wanting to waste any time for small talks.

"I was wondering if we could talk," her words didn't came out as a question, if anything, it sounded more like a command. And much to Yunhee's relieve, her phone dinged, notifying her that her ride has arrived.

"Apologies, Mrs. Park. But I'm quite pressed for time right now and I'm about to be late for work, so maybe we could talk some other time?" her feet moved a couple steps forward, closing the distance towards the door.

"Then meet me at the café just right beside my son's company during your lunch break, I'll see you," and with that, the older turned on her heels and left the lobby, leaving the latter confused of what just happened. But she quickly shook her head to bring herself back to her senses before pushing the door to walk out and get inside her uber.

Yunhee sighed the biggest sigh of relieve by the time the driver pull up by the tall building. She had 5 minutes left before she would be labelled as late for the day. But with only five minutes left, that would mean by the time she reach her desk, she would've had to start working immediately as everyone was already infront of their laptop and typing away words.