10.3

( Bruno Major – The Most Beautiful Thing )

Seonghwa could feel the fear slowly rising from the pit of his stomach when he heard Yunhee went out in a rush once lunch break started. He somehow had a feeling whoever she was meeting could be either his mom or Eunji and the outcome of their talk, was more than unpredictable. What if it really was one of them and whatever they were going to tell was going to make her rethink all her decision? What if she'll leave once again?

But his thoughts were proven false when he found her knocking frantically on his office doors as he was sitting on his couch. Once he let her in and she closed the door behind her, he found her walking closer to him. She was already planting a kiss on his lips before he could greet her a hello and it made him drop the papers he was holding on to the table so he could place his hand on her waist. It was brief though because soon enough, she pull their faces apart and she proceed to wrap her arms around him as he pulled her to sit on his lap.

"It's my turn to ask you, what's wrong?" he questioned her action, stroking her head with one hand as the other was still circled around her waist.

"I love you," she mumbled as she buried her face deeper into the crook of his neck. "I love you, I love you, I love you."

"I love you too, baby," he replied, still confused as to why she was acting that way. "Would you like to tell me what's wrong?"

She slowly loosened her arms around him, but didn't budge from where she was sitting on. She placed one of her hand on his shoulder for support before looking into his eyes. She didn't know why she was getting slightly choked up. "Your dad...," she trailed, "he came to talk to me earlier."

"And...? What did he say?" Seonghwa could feel his heart racing as she didn't immediately continue.

"He said he was sorry," she began, "and that he would give us his blessings. He'll be the one to tell your mom and convince her."

The lad let out the breath he was unintentionally holding and immediately pulled his hand up to bury his face on his palm. Seonghwa let his head fall behind on the head of the couch. But Yunhee didn't allow him to be in that position for long as she pulled him back up, only to surprise herself that he was already in the verge of tears.

"Don't cry," she told him as she pulled her sleeves down and used it to wipe the tears that has yet to fall, "you're going to make me cry too." 

His hand worked their way back on her waist as he looked in her eyes, ones that were just as glossed over as his, "I'm just...," he somewhat was croaking that out, "I'm just happy and I don't know how to react to all these but I'm just so happy right now. Like wow, holy shit I didn't think hearing that could be this relieving."

She gave him a small tug on her lips before placing both of her hands on his cheeks, bringing their faces closer before leaving a small peck and then pulling them apart again. "I love you, Park Seonghwa. Can I say I want to spend the rest of my life with you?"

"Yes, you can," he answered, "because I'd love to do the same. I love you so much, Hwang Yunhee," and with that he was the one to cup her cheeks to kiss her but deeper this time.

~

The lad didn't know why he was nervous. It was not like this was his first time meeting Minju and Jiwon. He had met them multiple times before but for this occasion, he found his palm slowly becoming clammy and he could feel some kind of cold sweat forming on his forehead

"So you have something to say to me, Seonghwa?" the older queried, looking at the couple sitting on the dinner table across from her. The man could only nod but soon he realized how much of a coward he was so he straightened his back, and tried his best to look ahead, at Minju's eyes as he said what he wanted to say.

He took a deep breath in before answering. "I know I should've came to you first and ask for your permission," he began, "but I didn't, so please accept my apologies first as I went in directly on proposing to Yunhee."

"Pro...posing?" Minju repeated the word, trying to make sure her ears didn't make a mistake.

"I proposed to Yunhee," he announced to the both of them. Jiwon bit her lip to contain a grin but Yunhee could only playfully roll her eyes as she could see how excited her sister looked. "So it would be really embarrassing if this conversation takes a turn towards where I don't want it to."

"So... you're here to ask me...?"

"Would you give me the permission to marry Yunhee and give us your blessings?" The man bowed slightly and Minju looked towards her niece who was pleading through her eyes. It was quiet after Seonghwa uttered the question, the only sound that he could hear was his heart hammering in his ears due to how nervous he was. Seconds felt like minutes as he waited for the older to answer.

When he could finally hear something else, it was a sigh escaping her lips. And that was when he decided to lift up his head to see a smile forming on the old lady's lips as well as Jiwon's.

"I was going to mess with you and tell you I wouldn't," she told him, "but that would be mean and I don't have the heart to do that to you."

She didn't immediately tell him her answer for his question. If Yunhee had anything similar with her aunt, it would be this. How they delay things to push the suspense further up the ceiling.

"My answer would be yes, you have both my blessing and my permission, Seonghwa."