8.6

( 🎵 Before You Exit - Silence )

Yunhee planned it all in her head. How she was going to deal with Seonghwa, with her feelings and with how they still had to work together despite everything that happened. She had planned to keep as much distance as she could with the said man, at least until he's married-or until everything is settled.

But she knew she failed hard on the day of the accident. She once again allowed him near her and if anything, she had wanted him to be there. And on the day after that, she had crossed the line she drew when she fed him the spoonful of vanilla sponge cake with whipped cream and strawberry on top. Howbeit, Seonghwa never took that as her wanting him back.

Although it was so, it is still hard to meet her. And she too, had found it hard to meet him because like two opposite sides of a magnet, they crave to be close to each other. The only thing that made it slightly easier is the two of them trying their best to dismiss each other as soon as possible when they're left alone in his office. But it was slightly different for this day.

"Kim Taeha resigned," Seonghwa informed her. She had noticed that the said lass has been absent for a few days but she didn't think the reason was because she resigned.

"If I may ask, Mr. Park," Yunhee began, voice slightly smaller than usual as she hesitated, "why did she resign?"

"She said it's because she no longer has the capability of working in the creative department," the lad answered, pausing for a quick second before continuing, "but I think the biggest reason was because of her guilt."

"Guilt...?"

"I know it's been a while," he continued, "but she was the one who reset your laptop. And she knew that sooner or later I would figure that out even when the camera has a blind spot."

Yunhee took the information in, unfazed. She still remembered how much her head pounded over the stress, how her heart was coated with fear of disappointing Seonghwa but even if she found out before Taeha resigned, she wouldn't have wanted her to be off the job because she was over it.

"You wouldn't have wanted her to go to this extend, would you?" Seonghwa knew her. He knew how much she could forgive.

"I've went pass it," she told him, "and a sincere apology would've been enough. Her resigning wouldn't bring back the files she stole and the data she erased." She stopped for a second, rethinking of the next couple of words she wanted to say. "Plus, I'm sure someone else had asked her to do it." Her voice gradually got smaller in volume but he didn't have to hear it to know what she said.

"She didn't say anything when she left," he replied, "when I asked her why, she told me what I had told you. Even when I brought up the incident and pressed against it, she stayed quiet."

"It's alright," she smiled slightly, "at least she knew what she did was wrong."

It was quiet and Yunhee took this as a cue for her to walk out of there. "If you may excuse me now, Mr. Park," she said before turning on her heels.

"You're going back to the hospital today too?" she didn't turn around upon hearing his voice. She simply stayed in her position, unmoving.

"Yeah, I am," she answered.

"I'll give you a ride," it sounded more like a command than anything, like he was leaving her with no other choice but to agree.

"Alright."

~

He waited for her in the parking lot, knowing how walking down the lobby or picking her up by the drop off would attract too much attention and she didn't want to deal with the whispers that'd probably come from the other employees in the vicinity.

She got into his car, awkwardness hanging on a string as soon as she closed the door beside her. He simply plug his key into the ignition and drove out the high-rise building of the company.

The ride was quiet at first with only songs from Seonghwa's playlist blasting through the stereo. Some of them was still familiar to her ears. Some of them had been the song they would jam to back in the days if he ever came over to her house. And for some... he would've played if they're just in bed, cuddling. She didn't know whether or not he had chosen to listen all of those songs purposely but she couldn't tell him it ached to listen to them now, knowing how much memories they held.

"Can we at least... not be this awkward?" he said as he pulled on the hand-brake, head tilting towards her direction slightly to give her a small smile.

"I just...," she trailed.

"Don't know what to say?" he finished her sentence for her and she could only look down on her lap.

"Our relationship was bruised in a different way," Seonghwa got his eyes back on the road although the traffic light was still red, "but we don't have to act like we're enemies, right?"

She smiled slightly, giving his statement a small nod. "That's true."

"So, did you sleep well last night?" he began asking. Such a simple question but Yunhee had no idea which version of the answer should she give to him.

"I drifted off," she answered, "but when you're sleeping on an extra mattress inside a stuffy hospital room, sleeping well would mean even the slightest wink of it is good enough."

He chuckled shortly, "you got a few hours though, right?"

"Yeah, I did," there was a short moment of silence before she asked him back. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did." There were only a couple minutes left to the car ride but it was better than the first initial where there was nothing but silence filling the small space.

Seonghwa parked the car in the outdoor space, both of them getting off right after. "Thanks for... the ride," the lass told him. Although he was confused as to why she'd have to thank him when he has given her thousands of rides, he gave her a small smile and nodded.

She walked in front of him, slowing down her steps as to wait for him but he stopped right on his track as he felt his phone buzzed in his pocket.

Eunji
Can we meet?
I need to talk to you.
18:46 PM

A/N:
I suck at filler chapters but here's one as to give you a hint on what will happen on tomorrow's update! And have a blessed week ahead, loves. ♥️