9.2

( 🎵 Billie Eilish - i love you )

"You don't trust me on handling the company all by myself, do you?" Eunji didn't know whether or not she was supposed to be happy with the decision made by her father to not end the marriage. But she knew deep down, after all these years she was finally sure of just how much her parents never trusted her abilities and for that, the offend that she felt was far beyond measureable.

"Eunji, think about the future of our company," her father stated, "you marrying Seonghwa would be a great potential of growth."

"Then what about my future?" she questioned her father and she could see him furrow his eyebrows upon the words entering his ears, "my happiness? Have you ever taken that into consideration?"

"Eunji," her mother bought her attention, making her turn her head to the other side of the couch, "didn't you say you love Seonghwa?"

"I did," she answered immediately, "I did but after a while I realized I love him as a brother." The lie tasted bitter in her mouth, each of them felt like a pill she had to swallow even despite how hard it was to do so.

Mr. Son remained quiet in his sit. The question coming from his daughter made him ponder. His wife couldn't utter a single word as well, it was as if Eunji came prepared with what to say.

I gave up my dream for the sake of this company," she told the both of them, "am I supposed to give up my chance on having a family of my own as well? One that is formed by love, not a signed contract."

"Eunji, you-."

"Imagine it," she continued, cutting her father off, "imagine being in our shoes and having to get married even when you don't want each other?"

"But this is important," her father pressed on.

"Is the company more important than your own daughter?" Eunji didn't know why she had to drag this on for so long when her father would usually grant her wish in a single snap. She could see her mother's eyes beginning to give in and truthfully Mr. Son had started to surrender as well but he had to admit it to himself how all his life, he spoiled his daughter so much, responsibility wasn't something that he taught her.

"I'll take over the company whenever you want me to," the older man finally lifted his head to look at the younger and her eyes were enough to tell him that she was determined and that she wasn't taking this as a joke like how she usually does her job. "I just can't get married to Seonghwa." She emphasized each word as if adding a full stop in between each of them.

~

It was 7PM when Seonghwa reached the hospital which only meant visiting hours would end in an hour. He plug his keys out of the ignition, stepping out of the car right after. His mind was still flooded by the earlier conversation he had with his parents as well as the lass' who was then still his fiancé. He too had left the house after putting a few words out there to knock his parents back to their senses.

Seonghwa walked into the lobby and got himself on the lift. He went to Hongjoong first only briefly greeting him as it looked like the said man was busy on his notebook, writing down what looked like lyrics that seemed like it has to be urgently finished.

He went to Jongho next, his arm still had a cast over it and his leg was wrapped in what looked layers of white bandages. He was alone when Seonghwa arrived but the bag for which seemed like it belonged to an older woman had told him that the younger's mother had come to visit and has yet to leave.

"You came because you wanted to see Yunhee, right?" Jongho had always been spot on and he always goes straight to the point.

The older could only nibble on his bottom lip, nodding slightly at the question he got. Jongho could only sigh upon seeing Seonghwa. He knew the latter had no will to move on what so ever for whatever the reason may be.

It was 7:45 when Seonghwa went in to Jiwon's room to see it being the most packed out of all. There's a bag filled with Eunbyul's things placed on the couch. The small table by the side had a bag of opened chips. Yunhee and their aunt, Minju who was then carrying the little girl to sleep, were there as well. The former lass was laughing over something her sister had said when the lad had been granted the permission to get in. The laughter died down as soon as he did and he could feel his stomach twisting.

He walked in and closed the door behind him, feeling the rising tension in the atmosphere. Seonghwa bowed slightly at Minju as the older smiled at him. "Hey, how're you feeling?" he asked the younger of the two, only giving Yunhee a smile as his long legs brought him closer to the hospital bed.

"Hell lot better," Jiwon answered, cheerfulness lacing her tone, "I'm starting to wonder why they're not letting us go."

Seonghwa chuckled upon hearing what the lass had said. "They just want to make sure the three of you will leave this place as good as new," he paused for a quick second before continuing, "maybe with a cast on your arm or leg but everything else should be."

Yunhee was silent the whole 10 minutes that he was there. Although she was sitting right beside where he stood, she didn't know what to say or how to act. Overnight had she pondered over what Jongho said to her. Chances, wasted, all of them were jumbled in her head.

But something pushed her to call out for him as he was walking back towards the door to leave. His feet halted on the ground and he turned around, face contorted with confusion and something else she couldn't make out.

"Can we... talk...? Outside...?"

A/N:
Another busy day struck and although the idea was there, my mind is a little jumbled so accept my apology for this one. I hope all of you had a great week. It's finally Friday tomorrow so I'd like to remind all of you for whatever it is you're doing and for whatever it is you've done, you've done it all so well.