7.2

( 🎵 Sleeping at Last – Already Gone )

Yunhee didn't know what to say. She was at lost for words, not because she didn't know what to answer but because it wouldn't come out of her mouth even after forcing it out with all her might. She couldn't tell him yes, she couldn't tell him how she wanted him to marry Eunji because she wouldn't want that in a million years. And her silent had spoken more than her words.

Seonghwa was not stupid. If he couldn't get her to answer with her voice, he'll make her do it through her action. He once again brushed his lips against hers, lightly. But she didn't do anything in return so this time, he connected them and as expected, she didn't retaliate. The hope began to bloom when he could feel her kissing him back.

But it soon turned into fear as he could feel her building passion. She kissed him like she was trying to remember how it felt, memorizing the feeling. She kissed him like there wouldn't be another chance for her to do it tomorrow. She kissed him like it would be their last and Seonghwa had never felt more terrified.

Her eyes were glossy when they pulled away and when she looked into his, it wasn't so different as well. That was the shattering of the remaining piece of her heart, right then when she saw a tear slip pass the barrier of his lids. She placed her hand on his cheeks, wiping away the remains with her thumb. "I love you," she finally managed to say. "I love you but it's not supposed to be this hard."

"But I love you so much, I'm willing to fight for us even if it's hard," he quickly answered, and there goes her own work of water. "You just have to trust me, okay? I'll talk to Eunji about this as well, I'm sure she'll understand."

Her thumb gently caressed his cheeks as droplets of tears kept falling one after the other, "sometimes loving each other doesn't mean our stars are aligned, Hwa."

He scanned over her face, one filled with nothing but sorrow at that moment. He brought his hand up to cup her cheeks, doing the same as what she had done for him; he gently wiped away the tears that was falling, bring his face closer after to kiss where those tears have touched.

"But believe me when I say it'll work out in the end if it is what they have in store for us," she began, eyes looking into his unwavering this time, "don't force it anymore, yeah? Let's each do our part in life. If faith wants us to be together, I promise you it'll lead us back to each other."

Yunhee broke loose from his hold and grabbed her phone from the bed before exiting the door, leaving the lad alone in the room. She zoomed pass the living room, her shadow making all of them notice her presence. And in a second, Jiwon and Jongho immediately stood up to catch on to the older who was already by the door, trying to slip into her shoes.

Seonghwa walked out of the room soon after, Hongjoong being the first noticing him making small weak steps inside the living room.

They've all seen this before. 5 years ago, Seonghwa was left looking like this as well. None of them had understand before, why did she do all that she's done and even after Hongjoong told them that it could've been Mrs. Park's taunts, they still didn't get why that had been a major problem. It only clicked after Jongho came back telling them the real reason as to why they left in the first place.

And neither of them could imagine how it felt to be in their shoes. Once again, the only thing that they could do is watch their best friend sit on the couch, elbow rested on his knees with his face buried on the palm of his hands as he tried to hide his cries.

~

Son Eunji knew Seonghwa wouldn't have wanted to come with her to plan it all out. She could already hear him saying, "I'm fine with anything you choose, as long as you're happy," and him saying that now could've been because he didn't want this marriage.

But that's fine by her. Knowing he had no way out of this was enough reassurance for her to go on to plan by herself. Or maybe with Haerim because she tags along everywhere like her tail.

"How do I look?" the lass queried her friend as she struggled to stand inside the big white gown.

"Stunning," the latter immediately remarked to which was responded with a roll of eye coming from her friend.

"I know I'm gorgeous either way but," she began, "there's gotta be one that is more than just stunning."

"I like the second one better than the rest," Haerim pointed out.

"Oh really?" an unsure looked washed over Eunji's face, "but I think this one's better though?"

"Don't rush it, Ji," the lass told her friend, "you've booked the place, chose what caterings you want and decided which wedding organizer's going to decorate the venue so you have plenty of time to choose your dress."

Eunji huffed a sigh before going back inside the changing room, feeling a huge weight lifted off her body as she removed the dress. And just as she was about to exit the space, the buzzing caught her attention. Her eyes light up upon seeing the name that pop up on her phone screen and she immediately pressed on the green button.

"Hwa," she greeted, "why'd you call?"

"Are you busy?" his tone caught her off guard. There was something dull.

"I am, a little." She wasn't but Eunji's gut had told her something was up and saying she was free wouldn't be her best option. "Why?"

"When can we meet? I need to talk to you."