10.8 - Epilogue 2 (Last)

A/N: I'm finally closing off this story here. I could write more upon demand but there won't be any more essence of conflict so it'll be more of a fluff, everyday life!

And I'd like to take this chance to thank all of you who has been reading this book. I didn't think anyone would read this at first but now we're here and I couldn't be more gratedul. Once again, thank you so much for all the love and support!

( 🎵 Park Won – All of My Life )

The girl didn't know which was better; to go and grab herself a test to find out whether or not she was pregnant or wait until they go to the doctor's office and let him figure it out. After a series of thoughts, she decided to go against the latter, not wanting the doctor to be the one who break it down to her husband that she's pregnant before she does.

The lass pushed her chair behind, standing up on her feet slowly before approaching the small corner office to which belonged to Yeonjun. She peeked through the open door, her shadow buying the attention of the lad sitting inside with his eyes fixated on his computer screen. "Hey, Jun?"

"Yeah, what's up?" the boy asked as he averted his line of sight.

"I need to go get something from the pharmacy down the street, would that be okay?"

"That's fine," he answered her with a nod, "just make sure you'll hand the paperwork you're working on by today, alright?"

"Alright," she responded.

~

Yunhee could still remember it all so clearly how she needed 6 of those sticks to convince herself that she was pregnant with Eunbyul. By then, it was probably the fact that she was on her last semester that made her slightly denial but this time, though she still got 6 of the test kits, she knew whatever the result may be, despite how Seonghwa and her have yet to plan to have a child, she wanted to believe however many lines there might be.

She sat on the closed toilet bowl, holding on the first stick, not knowing why she was even nervous when she already had a near-accurate prediction. And as expected, there were two lines, clearly displayed. That was enough for her but for the man sitting inside his office right now, it may require more than just one to give him the reassurance. Each of them either had a plus sign or two lines on it and that was when she started preparing herself to break the news.

A lot of things run through her mind as she was walking closer and closer towards his office. What ifs were circling her head like birds. Seonghwa could react in a lot of different ways, he could force and feign his happiness, he could show his concern right then and there or he could possibly react like all those soon-to-be-dads on YouTube who just received the news.

She knocked on his door a couple of times before hearing a shout of approval coming from the inside. She pushed it open, revealing the stressed-looking man with his glasses on and the nose pad sitting uncomfortably. As soon as she walked in and close the door behind them with the plastic full of pregnancy tests still on hand, the lad immediately pulled his glasses off and set it aside.

"Hey," he greeted, leaning himself back on his office chair. His voice was lace with exhaustion and she nearly turned back around. But she knew that wouldn't be a good idea so she kept walking further in and closer to his table. "What's wrong?"

The lass didn't say anything, merely rounding the table and position himself beside where he was sitting as he, himself, circled the chair to the side so he was looking at her. Yunhee could feel her heart thudding against her chest as his eyes were nowhere but on her.

"What's that in the bag?" he questioned her.

"Hwa, I...," she hesitated for a second, "all these while... I've been going through what I did 3 years ago."

"I know we haven't had the talk yet," she continued, "we haven't even mentioned the word in that context but somehow, this can't be avoided. And I'd rather be the one who tell you what's going on."

The lad grab onto his wife's free hand that visibly, was slightly trembling. Concern started filling his stomach as he had no idea what was going on. "Yunhee... is everything alright?"

Yunhee pulled her hand away from his hold to fish out the pregnancy test that she wrapped with a tissue. Slowly she unraveled it to reveal what didn't seem like an object that Seonghwa had seen times before. The man looked at the not-so-familiar matter, staring at it for a second before it all register in his head what the two lines displayed meant.

"Yunhee, you're-," his pupils dilated slightly from the shock and for some strange reason, he could feel the tears building up but his words were cut off midway as she pulled out more of the tests from the plastic bag. Unwrapping each of the tissues that was placed around them and using it as a sort of plate so the unclean stick wouldn't touch his desk. Each of the 6 pregnancy tests were laid neatly on his table.

"I didn't think one was enough so I took 6," she told him with an uncertain smile sprawled through her face. The man scanned through the double lines and plus signs, his stomach bubbling with an emotion he didn't know he could feel. It felt like a different kind of joy, one he couldn't describe with word. So the only thing he did was stand on his feet and take no delay before wrapping his arms around the girl.

Yunhee dropped the plastic to the ground and placed her arms back around him. She could feel him burying his face against the crook of her neck and mumbling words on the skin. "I love you," he first said.

"I love you," he repeated once and then again, "I love you," before pulling away and his hand falls to be placed on her waist. "You don't even know how happy you make me sometimes..."

A sigh of relief escaped her lips but it seemed more like she was finally heaving out the breath she'd been holding. "I... I honestly wasn't sure you wanted one just yet... we're both busy and I figured when you and I have more time on hand, that's when we'll have one but seems like faith has another plan..."

"I had planned for it to be that way as well, but whenever it may occur, I'd be content by it," he affirmed, not a single drop of hesitation dripping from his words. This time, it was her who went ahead and hugged him around his torso, resting her head on his chest and snuggling onto it slightly. He placed a light kiss at the side of her head. "And to say I'm happy right now would be an understatement." He closed his eyes momentarily to contain all his emotions into a single jar (and to stop himself from bursting into tears right then as well.) But as she was still in his embrace, something popped up inside his mind and he couldn't help himself but to ask.

"But Yunhee, is this okay for your-," he could feel her nodding even before he finished his question and from how vigorously her head was bopping, he knew better than to not trust her on that.

Silence engulfed the two soon after as the both of them savored the moment after the news was broken. The man was still trying to register everything in his head and somehow after a minute or two, figured it was time to break the silent. "I know this probably came to your mind before this," he began, making her hum as a respond, "and though I may not say this in my vow, for as long as I live, I will treat Eunbyul as a daughter of my own. The arrival of this baby would not change that."

She loosened her arms, looking up at him to see nothing but honesty through his expression. "She may not be related by blood to me," he continued, "but I would treat her like she is. And I know you feel bad for having doubts like these but I just want you to know that it's natural, yeah?"

"How do you always manage to know what I thought about?" she queried the man standing before her.

"You managed to break down my walls, it's only fair if I'm able to do the same right?" the corner of his lips lifted up and so did hers.

"I love you," she uttered, while she looked at him with all her pouring emotions. "I love you so much and I'll love you perpetually."

"I love you too," he replied, "I love you just as much and maybe more than what words could describe. And I'll love you until the end of time."