Dream

Denver carefully laid me on the floor and kneeled in front of me
"Boston" Denver shouted frustrated
I was slowly closing my eyes. I felt the pain. It wasn't much but it made me feel weak. I wasn't hurt badly but I was feeling weird. I know that feeling. I have been shot in the past. Not the best experience I have to say. But I can easily recover. I know I can. It doesn't seem too serious. And it won't do much damage. I will probably be alright in a couple of days.
Nairobi looked at my leg carefully and everyone was looking at her impatiently. I could tell she wanted to see in how much danger I was in. She looked at Denver who was looking like he was about to faint and nodded with a smile. He seemed relieved.
"You will be okay" he said and smiled sadly and picked me up. I felt really numb. I didn't even understand that he moved me to the big room and later me down on the couch. He touched my cheek
"It's my fault" he said and tried to leave. I used all the strength that I had and touched him motioning for him to stay
"Its not"I mumbled and drifted off to sleep.

While I was sleeping I had a dream

DREAM

I was running. Running away from the mint. Away from my problems.Denver beside me. I didn't know about the others. I didn't care either. I was running away with him. I was telling myself that I found happiness again. I found love again. I was not going to let it slip off my fingers. I looked at him. We stopped running. He kissed me, and held me close. He whispered in my ear that he loves me and I closed my eyes. Enjoying all the loving things he was saying to me. I heard an unfamiliar sound and I opened my eyes.

The sky was dark and it started raining. Denver was looking at me scared and it took me a moment to look at his chest. He was shot. And out of nowhere cops were running towards us. He then collapsed at the ground and I kneeled in front of him wet because of the rain and my tears. This can't be true. He can't die, he can't leave me, leave us. It all seemed so familiar. I can't go through all of that again. I had to make a choice.

Stay with him till the end and get caught by the police

Or

Leave him behind and run. Run for my life. Run away again.

It again seemed too familiar. I realized that I have been through all that before. When Bryan died(the ex boyfriend). Then I remembered, this is a dream. My mind was torturing me because I know that I should have stayed with Bryan till the end, but I left. I cowardly left him behind. I remember the look on his face when he told me to leave. And I know that I did what he told me to do but it wasn't right. That day we both died, he actually did and I died inside. I thought nothing and no one could replace him, nothing was going to be good enough. I wasn't going to be good enough. I wouldn't ding love again but I was wrong. Denver was here. He changed me. He made me happy. So I won't make the same mistakes again.

I stayed.

I stayed with him. I told him I love him and I will never forget him and suddenly Denver and the cops disappeared. I looked up and saw Bryan looking at me smiling.

"I forgive you" Bryan said and I was confused

"Wake up and see him. Never let him go. It wasn't your fault I died. I really wish I could be there with you but I am glad you moved on and found love again. He seems like a nice guy and I am sure he loves you. Who wouldn't? Fight for it. For your happiness. It's been so long since I have seen you so happy. I wish you the best" he said and I started crying

"I will never forget you" I said knowing that this isn't him but my brain speaking and with that everything got black

Suddenly I woke up

/////////////////////////////
Another chapter ❤️