Part Five • Care of Magical Creatures

The was later in the afternoon of the next day, the twins and Estella had Care of Magical Creatures together.

The three friends walked into the classroom and sat down, Estella raised an eyebrow as she looked around the classroom.

"Why aren't we outside?" She asked to no one in particular, "Good question." Fred chuckled.

"After Kettleburn lost a good majority of his limbs, they decided to put him on probation and have him teach in a classroom." George explained to Estella, "Now the class has become more boring than ever." Fred sighed.

Estella thought that they were just over exaggerating it all and rolled her eyes. That was just silly, she thought to herself.

However, as the professor limped into class, Estella could tell that the twins had in fact not exaggerated. Professor Kettleburn had indeed lost a good majority of his limbs, to which Estella assumed it was from all the different creatures. Estella could only tell as her mother worked very closely with magical creatures and often came home from work with bruises and cuts, she knew how dangerous some of the creatures could be if you hadn't known the right ways to care for them.

"Good afternoon, class." Professor Kettleburn announced as he made his way to the front of the classroom, out of the corner of her eyes she could see both Fred and George staring at her with the 'told you so' face to which she ignored as to not give into their satisfaction.

"Today we will be learning about hippogriffs," Professor Kettleburn smiled, "How many of you know about these majestic creatures?" He asked.

No one else in the class had raised their hand, except for Estella, whom did know about hippogriffs and had spent some time with them.

"Miss Rose? You've spent time with a hippogriff?" Professor Kettleburn asked excitedly, to which Estella nodded slowly.

All eyes were on her now,

"Erm, my mother works as a magizoologist." She told the class and Professor Kettleburn gave her a soft smile, "And do you, Miss Rose, know the proper way to approach these creatures?" He asked and Estella nodded.

"To approach a hippogriff, you must maintain eye contact then show proper respect by bowing to them then waiting for them to bow back." She explained.

"Correct! Ten points to Gryffindor!" Kettleburn announced pleased with Estella's knowledge on the hippogriff.

Even the twins were rather taken aback from Estella's knowledge.

"Now, children, take out your textbooks and open your pages to the Hippogriff chapter." He told his students.

Estella raised an eyebrow as the rest of her classmates did as they were told, she raised her hand.

"Professor?" She asked, Kettleburn turned his focus to Estella, "Shouldn't we be practicing with real hippogriff's?" She asked and Professor Kettleburn shook his head.

"Unfortunately, Miss Rose, new school policies forbid me to teach outside of the classroom." He told her as he sat down at his desk.

Estella looked towards the twins who had been making use of their time by creating small paper planes, then using magic to make them fly above their heads.

"Idiots." Estella mumbled as she took out her text book and flipped the book to the chapter on hippogriffs.

Estella sighed as she read quietly in her mind.

**

What had been Estella's favourite subject had just turned into Estella's least favourite subject, she walked out of the classroom unable to listen to what the twins were talking about. She couldn't get out of her mind that for the rest of the term, she would be learning about magical creatures in a classroom instead of working with them hands on.